New to me '99 GT - Possible limited edition car?

995spdgt

Mar 16, 2018
Hello everyone! Just rejoined last night and thought I would throw up a couple pics of the car. I have been trying to figure out if its a real limited edition 35th anniversary or just the regular 35th. It has probably 3/4 or so of the parts it should have but looks like it hasn't been treated very well by previous owners. I was told on a facebook group it was either a real one or someone took most all the parts off one and put on it. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 116
  • Sponsors (?)

I would think if it’s a 35th it’s a 1999 lol. I didn’t know there was a fake and a real 99 gt. My dad had a 99gt and it just had badges on the fenders, and plastic honey comb on the trunk between the lights. I thought it was cool but other than the leather interior I didn’t notice a difference between a normal 2000gt and a 99gt.

Not a fake and real GT. From my understanding all 1999 cars are 35th anniversary. You can have a 1999 35th anniversary GT or a 1999 35th anniversary limited edition GT.

Yeah, like I said in the first post it probably has 3/4 (or less) of the limited edition parts. I am aware of most all the parts that make up a limited but it doesn't have much of them anymore was why it was so hard to tell. Still wouldn't know if it wasn't for VOORHEES.

I know so far I am lacking the wing, honeycomb between taillights, seats have been changed to just black leather with no silver, aluminum shift knob, side scoops (I have one that came with the car) and the special wheels. So yeah I probably have half or less of what it should have. The car doesn't appear to have had a good life.

I was more concerned in finding out because I now believe it is the car my best friend owned when we were teenagers about 10 years ago.

Whats funny is like you were saying, they seem to be no more valuable than what someone might pay if they really wanted one. Yet from what I am reading they made around half of these cars compared to SVT Cobras of the same year.

They are rare, but the biggest drivers of value are supply and demand. There is definitely a smaller supply of them, but there just isn't much demand.

Other than those who bought them new, there aren't many people actively seeking them out to buy. Bullitts, Mach 1s, Cobras...all have people who look specifically for them. As for the 99 and 04 anniversary cars (and the 2000 spring edition) most people just stumble across it and then learn what it is after they buy it.

Reactions: 1 user
^^This is what I got thinking as I was typing the last post. Just weird it seems there is no real value increased even on the kbb I just did. They list 35th package but I know they were really all 35th so I am assuming that would be for this car being limited edition. There is like maybe a $100 difference I saw. I get better jumps on kbb values adding stuff like oversized tires and trailering package to my truck.

I got it figured out, read post #5 above.

To take it a step further I ended up running a carfax and it is in fact THE CAR my friend had when we were younger! What was the chances of that I wonder? I was not even looking for it or thinking I would ever see it again. If I was a betting man I would go play the lottery!

Wonder why the parts got changed around then?

I'm assuming the entire trunks been swapped out given that the spoiler is the standard '99 spoiler and it's missing the honeycomb and has the GT emblems added. Does the door key also work in the trunk?