New to pushrod V8s looking for HCI advice/ selection supporting mods etc

VEE8FBODY

Aug 11, 2021
Arbroath uk
Hello all new victim lol, just got first mustang and looking to upgrade the top end as above,
Hoping for some advice and insight into how best go about this no particular rush to get it done but would like to do all involved in one go planning to take car off the road for the winter and see what can be done. Tia for Any advice which will be much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Hello all new victim lol, just got first mustang and looking to upgrade the top end as above,
Hoping for some advice and insight into how best go about this no particular rush to get it done but would like to do all involved in one go planning to take car off the road for the winter and see what can be done. Tia for Any advice which will be much appreciated
If this is your first time, take the guess work out. There are entire kits available so that you don't have to run around looking at different builds on the internet, and measuring internet advice. Trick Flow offers several kits, soup to nuts. Anderson Motorsports offers a kit that some people prefer. Just buy a proven kit that you know will work.

Kurt

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
If this is your first time, take the guess work out. There are entire kits available so that you don't have to run around looking at different builds on the internet, and measuring internet advice. Trick Flow offers several kits, soup to nuts. Anderson Motorsports offers a kit that some people prefer. Just buy a proven kit that you know will work.

Kurt
It will be first time kurt yes, father in law is very good with engines so have the knowledge there for help.
Considering a full kit is a very strong possibility given the difficulty of actually obtaining parts over here,
Was also looking at what advice and such like on supporting mods/ parts to maybe replace and what to avoid perhaps. Deffo planning to purchase all that’s required in one go and see how it goes, shall cost out these kits for now and hopefully make a choice versus buying heads cam etc separately with much given advice lol.
Appreciate all the input want to make sure I have the full picture before committing.

And more tires!
I agree with the kit advice, more so be'n an 'out of towner' having to deal with shipping, I would guess most major suppliers like jegs or summit racing https://www.summitracing.com/ can ease the shipping woes.
The kits take the guesswork out of the build so for a beginner the first time around getting grease under your nails.
Also realize the higher the horse power goal is the more supporting upgrades you need like bigger brakes, drive line parts.
Oh, did I mention tires? Yeah, they can get fun to drive with just a simple H/C/I swap and reliable too.

And more tires!
I agree with the kit advice, more so be'n an 'out of towner' having to deal with shipping, I would guess most major suppliers like jegs or summit racing https://www.summitracing.com/ can ease the shipping woes.
The kits take the guesswork out of the build so for a beginner the first time around getting grease under your nails.
Also realize the higher the horse power goal is the more supporting upgrades you need like bigger brakes, drive line parts.
Oh, did I mention tires? Yeah, they can get fun to drive with just a simple H/C/I swap and reliable too.
First time doing the work myself with help from a well rounded mechanic in the family, had an r33 gtst a while back 350 crank around 310 rwhp at 1.5 bar boost was very good fun but due to injury struggle with clutch work so auto only now. Smooth Na seems just the ticket love the car the way it is but 100 ish more hp would be great for quite a while