New to the fam!

She is all og right now but somethings are going to change to give her a modern but old look. any suggestions?
You can change the looks drastically by changing the front and rear bumpers to give it a more modern look (tucked bumper). You can find parts for example here:
https://classicautoreproductions.com/collections/1974-1978-mustang-ii-body-and-bumpers

More stock look with tucked bumpers:
More aftermarket look:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Just ordered the new alte
If you upgrade to an electric fan you need to upgrade the alternator, too. The old ones don't have enough amps to keep up with the electric fan in the long term. Often overheating comes from dirty cooling passages, wrong ignition setting (or something else). If overheating is an issue (if the shroud is installed) good flushing of the cooling system can help a lot.
In my opinion on old cars, there are two things to look closely in the beginning: ignition and cooling. Most problems come from both areas.
By the way, I like the current mad max look a lot :nice:
I would put on some nice black steelies and get a good set of tires... But I think that is my special liking.

You can change the looks drastically by changing the front and rear bumpers to give it a more modern look (tucked bumper). You can find parts for example here:
https://classicautoreproductions.com/collections/1974-1978-mustang-ii-body-and-bumpers

More stock look with tucked bumpers:
More aftermarket look:
I'm actually going to order the monroe handler body kit from them . Going to change the taillight to the a different lights and the grill also.

Just ordered the new alte

I'm actually going to order the monroe handler body kit from them . Going to change the taillight to the a different lights and the grill also.
Going for this look some what

Attachments

• 1978_00075_02.jpg
    1978_00075_02.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 30
If you upgrade to an electric fan you need to upgrade the alternator, too. The old ones don't have enough amps to keep up with the electric fan in the long term. Often overheating comes from dirty cooling passages, wrong ignition setting (or something else). If overheating is an issue (if the shroud is installed) good flushing of the cooling system can help a lot.
In my opinion on old cars, there are two things to look closely in the beginning: ignition and cooling. Most problems come from both areas.
By the way, I like the current mad max look a lot :nice:
I would put on some nice black steelies and get a good set of tires... But I think that is my special liking.
These are rims and tires on her. I might vinyl them black with a red trim I'm trying to keep her consistent with her current colors.

Attachments

• 20210820_155825_1630190845601.jpg
    20210820_155825_1630190845601.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 33
The problem with the 10 holes is they won't fit the II that well. If everything is stock, 4-1/2 back space is about the most you can go in the back before you run into clearance issues. I honestly don't remember what you can get away with in the front, but I'm sure you could find the answer somewhere in the thread I shared earlier.

• Useful
The problem with the 10 holes is they won't fit the II that well. If everything is stock, 4-1/2 back space is about the most you can go in the back before you run into clearance issues. I honestly don't remember what you can get away with in the front, but I'm sure you could find the answer somewhere in the thread I shared earlier.
LeSad :(

• Agree
So update guys I took out for replacements the radiator, power steering pump, water pump and alternator yesterday. Noticed I need to get a thermostat housing and convert my alternator setup to one wire setup. Pheww so everything goes back in today along with a tune up. If I have time I might change out the headlights I will put pictures if I can when all complete.

Reactions: 1 users