New To The Site And In Need Of Some Help!!

Hey guys I'm new here basically because I've never needed it until now..... so I've recently gotten an 89 gt vert which I have cammed but I converted backwards to a flat tappet cam which I have done several times with no issue I know it's backwards technology but it's a personal preference now the issue I've ran into is basically it keeps beating lifters out and loses oil pressure at idle the valve lashes are right with the correct pushrods and everything and everything inside of the motor is new and of good quality in kinda lost now any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for spreading it around man could this possibly be due to a cracked block??? Also the BAP sensor doesn't seem to be working at all which I'm sure is unrelated to the lifter issue

Reactions: 1 user
I believe I have found my problem a faulty oil pump from that was purchased New when I rebuilt the motor a month ago the bottom end is starting to come apart now so I guess it's time to tear her down and start again

I believe I have found my problem a faulty oil pump from that was purchased New when I rebuilt the motor a month ago the bottom end is starting to come apart now so I guess it's time to tear her down and start again

Sorry I wasn't any help-glad you figured it out though.
One(two) question(s)- You had an oil pressure gauge right? Where you seeing up and down pressure?

Yes I do and it was acting weird on my way to work today but never before it held good pressure when I was warming it up this morning but I noticed when I got in town it dropped all at once to nothing but would go back up to almost normal after it got above 1500 rpm so I really thought that it was a bad sending unit so I picked one up along with a aftermarket pressure guage at work today (I'm an assistant manager at a propular auto parts store) but I fear it was more that I had expected because I think I can hear the bottom end rattling now along with the lifters

Reactions: 1 user
So....welcome to stangnet.

Snoop around the '79-'95 subforums. If you need technical help, post in the tech thread there, we have Master Mechanics in our group that can be of great help.

Good to have you with us.

This area of stangnet is just the welcoming area. Start a new thread in the subforum i was telling you earlier about. You'll get the help for that there.