• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

new to this site and learning about my car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gtbabydriver
  • Start date Start date May 31, 2020

Gtbabydriver

Member
Jun 24, 2019
2
1
13
Portland, Maine
May 31, 2020
#1
  • May 31, 2020
  • #1
I have a 2014 mustang gt and I took it to the drag strip for the first time a week ago and since then I have purchased a pair of Hoosier slicks but no rims yet. I am pushing 405whp after putting in a set of BBK LTH and dyno. There were already some mods done before I bought it from my brother. I am looking to do cams but not sure which I should go with. I was asked the question about supercharging or turbocharging and I will do the latter at some point. Not too familiar with cams and all that I need so any advice will be appreciated.
 
Reactions: Wife's Mechanic
W

Wife's Mechanic

New Member
Jun 10, 2020
1
0
1
Gilbert, AZ
Jun 10, 2020
#2
  • Jun 10, 2020
  • #2
Gtbabydriver said:
I have a 2014 mustang gt and I took it to the drag strip for the first time a week ago and since then I have purchased a pair of Hoosier slicks but no rims yet. I am pushing 405whp after putting in a set of BBK LTH and dyno. There were already some mods done before I bought it from my brother. I am looking to do cams but not sure which I should go with. I was asked the question about supercharging or turbocharging and I will do the latter at some point. Not too familiar with cams and all that I need so any advice will be appreciated.
Click to expand...
Sweet car! Brand new here, but not brand new to these cars. My advice based on my preference is to focus my first mods on things that connect me to the vehicle. Tactile things like a short throw shifter and a transmount bracket like blowfish, upgraded clutch spring, Steering wheel cover or steering wheel, suspension/track bars, etc before I start doing anything to increase power and noise.

Suspension...spend some money there. Those are really satisfying dollars.
 

David Young

Active Member
Sep 16, 2012
182
18
38
Clinton, Tennessee
Jun 11, 2020
#3
  • Jun 11, 2020
  • #3
What was your time? Just wondering
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Block questions
  • s_vargas54
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
940
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 8, 2026
Trogdor
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
F
Progress Thread My First Mustang - Pace Car Mysteries
  • First Mustang
  • Oct 24, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 26, 2024
ustacould
Wanting to replace my BOSS 351C Engine Harmonic Balancer - Questions about 'Balance?'
  • 69machmike
  • Oct 31, 2024
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
758
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Nov 5, 2024
Realmongo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?