new toy .

86crazyhorse

New Member
Mar 22, 2006
29
0
0
clackamas Or
so i picked up a 90 LX hatch today of craigslist for $150 becuase it wouldnt start.the only thing it really need for the body was a front drivers headlight and markers.still need to find out why it wont start .but i think its the battery.like i care its going to be a work car .so now i wont be putting the miles on the SVO
2108875_89_full.jpg
 
86crazyhorse said:
so i picked up a 90 LX hatch today of craigslist for $150 becuase it wouldnt start.the only thing it really need for the body was a front drivers headlight and markers.still need to find out why it wont start .but i think its the battery.like i care its going to be a work car .so now i wont be putting the miles on the SVO
2108875_89_full.jpg


nice find, there was another notch in seeattle for 150$ that sold before I got to look at it,... o well looks great


matt
 
Any luck getting it started? If ya still cant figure it out and you get the title let me know i might buy it from ya. But i would look for a starter kill switch or maybe the sylinoid is bad? peace



john:p
 
Is she turning over and not firing? I was going t get it to use as a parts car for my car anyways, so I am glad you are going ot use the whole thing. I decided to go another direction with my project anyways, so it probably worked out for the best.

Hey I probably have some parts you might need to get it running. I am dropping the 2.3l out of mine. I have a fresh factory head, ranger roller roccker kit, full gasket set, pair of 2.3L blocks etc.. Freshly rebuilt A4LD trans...
 
lamrith said:
Is she turning over and not firing? I was going t get it to use as a parts car for my car anyways, so I am glad you are going ot use the whole thing. I decided to go another direction with my project anyways, so it probably worked out for the best.

Hey I probably have some parts you might need to get it running. I am dropping the 2.3l out of mine. I have a fresh factory head, ranger roller roccker kit, full gasket set, pair of 2.3L blocks etc.. Freshly rebuilt A4LD trans...
What year is yours? I might want the gasket kit head and header? peace




john:p
 
Mine is an 88.

Head is a bare factory new nead assembled with valves and springs, no followers or cam. I also have a used dual plug head form a ranger and the original head from the 88. I bought the new head off ebay.

I am honestly hoping to sell the entire engine if possible, otherwise I want to get the car moving with the engine while I build up the V8. If I do that then I need these parts.. sort of a vicious catch 22...