New transmission & parts to buy....where?

soctty7676

Apr 4, 2005
Ok, I have brought this up before, but I REALLY need a new transmission now. My 1st and 3rd are shot! I can't even get it into these gears half the time, and when I do, it makes a loud clunk grind noise. And yes, my clutch is adjusted properly.

Here is what I would like to get:

Rebuilt T-45 Trans ($745) $1,075 (w/shipping for trans and core)
King Cobra clutch kit $145
Clutch Fork $29
Clutch ball stud $10
Stock Flywheel $45

Total $1,304

Does anyone know one place I can buy all this from? As of now, I have parts found at advance auto, ddperformance.com and smartpartsauto.com, but I would like to order all from one place if possible. I thought about taking the trans somewhere to have rebuilt, but I can't seem to find anyone capable of doing this for a reasonable price (if anyone has any contacts, I would appreciate it, as that would only cost around $400-$450).

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I would just like to get all stock parts to replace with. I swear, everytime I change any kind of part from the original stock part, it does not fit right, or requires some sort of modification to make it work. This is the first clutch/transmission job I will be doing.

Now I say this, but I noticed an ad for www.bieberfever.com in my MM&FF, there is a TKO600 conversion kit for under $2000. What looks great about it is you can remove the transmission from the bellhousing while it's in the car! Anyone ever done this with a 96-98? How hard was it? Any gotcha's or issues along the way?