Newbie Here, Wanting to whats up and looking for a little advice

07GT1

Apr 23, 2007
Massachusetts
Just picked up my 07 GT and wanted to start on it right away. Looking for advice on the which brands to go with and who to stay away from. Looking for the best performance gains. Looking for things like, who has the best headers, exhaust for our cars should I do an x-pipe or an h-pipe, which gears work best, should I do pulleys and which cai kit should I use. Things like that. Any help would be much appreciated. My goal is to try to get the car into the mid 12 sec to low 12 sec range without a power adder. Thanks everybody....:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Just picked up my 07 GT and wanted to start on it right away. Looking for advice on the which brands to go with and who to stay away from. Looking for the best performance gains. Looking for things like, who has the best headers, exhaust for our cars should I do an x-pipe or an h-pipe, which gears work best, should I do pulleys and which cai kit should I use. Things like that. Any help would be much appreciated. My goal is to try to get the car into the mid 12 sec to low 12 sec range without a power adder. Thanks everybody....:SNSign:

welcome. the first mod i would go with is a cai/tuner combo. c&l has a great street intake. definitely get a tuner. i use predator but i hear good things about sct x2. any aftermarket exhaust would be an improvement. way too many to list. h pipe if you want that rumble. x pipe if you want that raspy sound.

Congrats 07GT1on your purchase and welcome to :SNSign:
First off, let me help you save some money on mufflers. Try getting the O/R H pipe to go with your stock mufflers. I'm running this at the moment and sounds very decent and muscular. You get about 8 HP 10 TQ from that and mufflers may only pick you up a couple of more. Better use that money you save on underdrive pullies, which I've read can about match the gain from the H pipe. You can always swap mufflers later if that is still not the sound you want.

05wolfliller is right about the CAI/tuner mod! Stick with C&L, JLT, Demolet or WMS(I have this one and love it, but is not easily returned to stock fro any warranty work). All of those can net you 25+ or so HP with a tuner from somebody like Brenspeed(which I have and love) or Bamachips. They provide you with custom tunes based on your car trans and what mods you may have or want to get. Gas mileage doesn't vary much if you keep a sensible foot, so I would suggest at least 3.73s or your best bet might be 4.10s(which many of us have including me). With my auto trans I can still manage 24 MPG on the highway. I'm averageing about 18-19 with mixed driving and a playful foot:D Probably one of the most single expensive mods with the S197s has got to be the carbon or aluminum driveshaft($600+), but I have seen on here where people are getting upwards of .4 off their 1/4 mile runs. This is due to substantial reduction of rotational mass the engine has to start spinning from a dead stop. Then there are those on here running the stock tires and getting some respectable 60' times as low as 1.6 & 1.7 with reduce PSI and PRACTICE!!!!! Or you may choose to use drag radials. I believe that should get you the times you're wanting given you practice your launch.

I'm only .35 from the 12s with my auto with the mods listed in my signature! I will get some UDPs and work on my 60' times by lowering PSI in the stock tires and/or DRs.
Sorry all for the novel, but I love my car and have fun on here with all of you!

i would go with 4:10s at least. 4:30s if you like the track. if this is a daily driver and you use the highway frequently stick with 4:10s. i got 4:10s and cruising in
5th at about 85mph, im around 3100rmp. if you think thats too high, go 3:73s. but honestly, if you are aiming for mid-low 12s, i dont think just bolt ons will get you there, unless you are willing to do some cam work etc... i'll just say ive never seen mid-low 12 sec car w/o some major mods and no power adder. just my opinion