News From Phx

Erock805

May 14, 2017
1st mustang yesterday, 1st mustang post on a mustang forum today. I got a nice lil project 89. Has lots of goodies now like sub frame Connectors, tube a arms, caster camber kit, steeda cam, cobra manifold, 3:73 position, 5 lug discs all the way around. And I'm sure a bunch of other stuff I don't know about. PO lost interest after 20+ years. Seems pretty tight but there's lots of little stuff to do.

Looking to learn on here....in fact. The tilt column can be pulled down without engaging the release. Is this fixable? Or do I need a new column?

Ps tore around in it last night and popped the heater core. Good thing I won't need heat for awhile. That looks like a big job

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet, jump on over to the 79-93 fox forums and get some insite on what you need for your fox.
The tilt mechanism can be a couple different things, if your release lever will spring back in place then you likely have a broken tooth, if the lever just flops back and forth and you can feel it engage but just pops back out that mat be a spring, both require complete disassembly to diagnose, most times its easier to just find another column.
Yes heater core is a big job, when you do it replace the ac core too.
Now grab a wrench and join the fun.

Welcome to stangnet, jump on over to the 79-93 fox forums and get some insite on what you need for your fox.
The tilt mechanism can be a couple different things, if your release lever will spring back in place then you likely have a broken tooth, if the lever just flops back and forth and you can feel it engage but just pops back out that mat be a spring, both require complete disassembly to diagnose, most times its easier to just find another column.
Yes heater core is a big job, when you do it replace the ac core too.
Now grab a wrench and join the fun.

Thank you!!!

Welcome to Stangnet.

Like Karthief mentioned, snoop around the '79-'95 subforums. You'll get any help you might need there.

Post a couple pictures of your mustang for us to see.

Good to have you with us.

Yeah started my searches there. Sounds like it's easier just to replace it with a good one. Sooo that's what I'll will look for. This stang needs Lorts a of cleaning and some goodies. Must of been 10lbs of dirt in all the cracks and crevices.

Attachments

• IMG_8426.JPG
    IMG_8426.JPG
    767.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8428.JPG
    IMG_8428.JPG
    640.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8431.JPG
    IMG_8431.JPG
    569.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8433.JPG
    IMG_8433.JPG