Next round of mods, need blower guys help.

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
So I am planning on getting a large Whipple by the end of summer. This is for my Cobra. I want the car to have 625-650 rwhp but safely and without going in the engine. So I am gonna start doing some reserch on the best displacment twin for my power goals. I am also gonna do a meth injection but want the 625+ to be without it. How much fuel system do I need? I want to keep the stock tank but can I just get dual super car or Focus pumps? Also what size injecors should I get? Do I need larger rails or lines or for 650 is the stock lines and rails enough?

• Sponsors (?)

you def. need 60 lb injectors if not more...you could go with twin gt pumps and be set for well over 1000 hp....be careful w/ pushing 600 hp though...my buddy's 03 cobra had a 2.3 whipple on it and was pushing 590 and blew a hole through his block....he was also tuned by james from RWTD so you know the tune was good...i'm pretty sure your stock rails are good... again my buddy's 03 had stock rails stock pumps w/ 60s and kb bap...his fuel was close to tapping out but not quite...good luck!!!! should be a beast when all said and done

twin GT pumps will not support anywhere near 1000:(
for fuel i have 60# injectors, CPR rails, dual GT super car pumps, PPRV delete, wiring upgrade, BAP and a modded FPDM. i'm seeing low 80% DC's on the street tune (low 600's) they say the fuel rails are a restriction @ 500 hp so i would replace them too.

i'g go with either a 2.6 or 2.8 KB for your power goals. either one should get you where you want to be with about 18 psi:D

Yeah, I was thinking 3.4 Whipple or KB2.6 as for the street I think it would better then the 2.8 for my power goals but would be the "H" version :nice:

If I can do 625 with 60 lb injectors and GT supercar pumps with a BAP then get another 30+ wih the meth injection that would be tits! :banana:

If it were my money, I'd scrap the Twin Screw swap and shoot right for Compound boost. I mean...you were getting ready to spend $140,000 on a Ford GT, so what's $10,000 on a Hellion twin turbo set up.

Think of it...1000hp capable, zero lag and nothing but pull, pull, pull. :nice:

And you don't even have to ditch your stock Eaton. :nice:

I built my fuel system for $1400 including sumping my tank.

You will need 60 lbs injectors, twin gt40 pumps, bap, upgraded efpd's, upgraded lines and rails to support your goal. My buddy has a baby whipple on his 04 cobra and is making 650rwhp.

If it were my money, I'd scrap the Twin Screw swap and shoot right for Compound boost. I mean...you were getting ready to spend $140,000 on a Ford GT, so what's $10,000 on a Hellion twin turbo set up.

Think of it...1000hp capable, zero lag and nothing but pull, pull, pull. :nice:

And you don't even have to ditch your stock Eaton. :nice:

i'd have to agree with gearbanger compound boost =:nice:

no whipple or kb would ever compare to twin turbos with a pos displacement blower

Bill,

I would not get the Whipple 3.4. I would either wait until they release the new 2.9 or get the KB 2.8H. (Heck, even the right set up Whipple 2.3 can net you 650 RWHP)

All will net you what your goals are with the car without having to do modifications to get the blower to fit.

For the fuel system. The set up I am running will handle your power goals easily.

I have the Fore Hat with twin GT pumps and dual FPDM's with the wiring upgrade and -8 line to the rails. It will easily handle 700 RWHP. You don't need rails for this set up.

If you want more HP than 700, the go with the Fore Hat and twin Walbro GSS342 pumps and go return with the Fore Rails.

Either way, once you get over 600 RWHP, you will need to look into running higher octane than 93. My buddy Erik's car just put down 650 RWHP with the Whipple 2.3 @ 21 PSI and 21 degrees timing running on 100 Octane.

It is barely controlable on the street as it is.

Also a big question you should ask yourself is how streetable do you want to keep your car? Everyone has their "Own Idea" of what streetable is. I would determine that before you even spend $1.

I can easily help you put together a combo that will get you where you want if you would like. Just let me know.

Oh, and you will need at least 60 lb injectors or skip them and go for the new Ford 80's that just came out. Tousley Ford has them for $385 + $10 shipping. They are High impedance and they plug into your stock harness. They are also the same body height as the 60s so the fit great for the Cobras.

I would also skip on the Meth with a positive displacement blower. It does not work nearly as well as a centrifugal or turbo set up.

Okay, thanks so far guys.

1. Brian, the insurance was canceled so no big bucks to spend on a supercar.
2. No compound boost for many reasons, one being its overkill.

I want the cars manners to be as it is now. I would like over 600 rwhp but I dont want to go nuts. Bigger injectors and pumps and lines I can handle but dont want some ultra expensive and race car fuel system. I also want to run just pump gas.
Since this is a few months down the road I can wait for the new 2.9 from Whipple or just get the KB 2.8H :nice:

So if I get 80lb injectors, BAP, better pumps, larger fuel lines and a 2.8H I can get 600+ at the wheels on pump gas, no?

I want the cars manners to be as it is now. I would like over 600 rwhp but I dont want to go nuts. Bigger injectors and pumps and lines I can handle but dont want some ultra expensive and race car fuel system. I also want to run just pump gas.
Since this is a few months down the road I can wait for the new 2.9 from Whipple or just get the KB 2.8H :nice:

So if I get 80lb injectors, BAP, better pumps, larger fuel lines and a 2.8H I can get 600+ at the wheels on pump gas, no?
Yes. You don't need the BAP though. You can do it with just the GT pumps, dual FPDM's, injectors, and Fore Hat with -8 line.

If you want to keep street manners, then I would get this set up for fuel. Oh, you would need a MAFIa if you don't already have one as well for the MAF.

I am not sure on when the Whipple will be released but the 2.8H will hit 600 on pump with ease.

Okay, thanks so far guys.

1. Brian, the insurance was canceled so no big bucks to spend on a supercar.
2. No compound boost for many reasons, one being its overkill.

I want the cars manners to be as it is now. I would like over 600 rwhp but I dont want to go nuts.
No need to go "nuts". Just because the compound system is rated for 1000hp, doesn't mean you need to run it to that extent. According to Hellion, the system is completely adjustable for guys wanting to run anywhere in the 500-1000hp range. Your limitations are only dependant on needed fuel/ignition system upgrades for the higher power levels.

The most attractive thing about the compound system is that you truely do get the "best of both worlds". There's no low end lag with hard hitting spikes of power like a big turbo system, there's no soft bottom end that can only be assisted with higher (numerically) rear end gearing like running a centrifugal and there's no tapering off at the top end like a Twin Screw or Roots Hybrid.

The set up can be as mean or as docile as you choose it to be. Want to keep the majority of your power in the lower end while still maintaining a linear power curve to red line, just pulley the Eaton and back things off with the turbo. Want to increase your top end charge and soften the bottom end a little, but still retain the off idle torque of a PD blower, drop the pulley size on the Eaton and turn up the wick on the turbo.

The system is as adjustable as you want it to be.

Maybe...and I stress mabye since you can never put any faith into figures posted by Kenne Bell.....but you'll spend just about as much on a 2.8H upgrade as you would on the compound system and still won't have the same potential or efficiency during all driving styles as the compound set up. Keep in mind, you’re also getting a tubular K-member with the Hellion Kit that really opens up the real estate underneath. If you don't want it, you can opt for its removal from the kit and save $1,000.

The choice is certainly yours man, but if "overkill" is the best reason you can come up with to prevent you from forging ahead with the kit, you're going to end up selling yourself short. :shrug:

And come on.....tell me you wouldn’t pop your hood every chance you got with one of these. :drool:

sema_07_tu_DSC_9398.jpg

sema_07_tu_DSC_9401.jpg

Thanks Kevin, no thanks Brian.

Look, the TT system meens another intercooler plus all thoes lines and pipes. Cant see a TT kit being cheaper then $4000-$5000 worth of blower. Its neat Brian but I dont want it, I am perfectly happy with JUST a blower and ONLY 650 rwhp :nice:
Also, is the FPDM the pump drivers? What is the upgrade?

Thanks guys, this should be quite the beast when I am done.

The turbo kit would just be too much IMO. Too much money, too much tuning, too much maintenence, too much piping and then gotta tap some more oil lines. Just not interested.

Brian, get it for the Cougar and let me know how it works :nice:

Kevin, I have the big Sniper Bazooka MAF meter. Its supposed to support like 700 or 800 hp so do I still need the Mafia?