Nice Torque Wrench

That looks purdy!!

Only goes to 150ft lbs though so can't use it when doing wheel hubs which are usually 160+ft lbs depending on vehicle

They are like 295 ft.lbs. I just whack those on with the impact gun. That doesn't require an accurate torque spec. Besides, anything over 150ft.lbs. and my shoulder would click long before the torque wrench does.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

Really depends on the car. Our mustangs and most heavier cars spec at 221-295, other cars like contours, tempos, aspires, etc are 170-192 on the rear hubs. I never trust an impact wrench for accurate torque everytime, but with the wide range in spec on the mustangs (74ft lbs) an impact wrench would do fine as long as you know or have tested each setting on the impact to know about what it torques to.

150+ torque wrenches have longer handles so it's easier to get to those higher torques with less effort.

It makes no difference on double roller ball bearings like on the front of the mustang. It's a solid sleeve all the way through. They just put a spec out like 295 so that you get the message that it has to be tight.

Kurt

I just found out my new one won't arrive before the weekend when I have to put the head back on this Jeep. So I'll have to borrow one. Suck.

Kurt

DOH!! Should've just got the Husky...lol Made in same place, 20 bucks cheaper including case, higher capacity, longer, and can be gotten/taken back at the many local HD stores in your area. The digital display is kinda cool though.

I had a coworker leave me 2 of his torque wrenches in my truck. Both of them were set at max 150 ftlbs when I picked them up. Duh, he didn't know they had to be zeroed when not in use. Guess I won't be using those either. Maybe my neighbor has one.

Good news I got an offer on a job to rebuild an engine on a 72' F100. The owner wants an all numbers matching engine. Between this Jeep and the truck, that will be a lot of extra cash we obviously need.

Kurt