Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

A couple pics of the interior.

20180930_142608.jpg
20180930_142629.jpg

I love this old gal. Just need to fix a couple fluid leaks to keep the burning fluid smells at bay, and it'll get used as long as it lasts.

Reactions: 3 users
Its hard not to like driving/riding around on a big couch. The leaf springs make the ride a bit bouncy, but some new ones (in the form of a 4" lift) with fresh shocks should help a little. Its not my DD, so that helps as well. Still have the Durango.

I don't know how I missed so much of your thread. That truck looks great !!! Willie is a good guy over at DDR.

I plan on doing a full splitter under my front terminator bumper. Don't want that riced out look though.

I love everything 80s Ford made. Right now all of mine are 88s. Guess the metal was different or something because they have no rust.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know how I missed so much of your thread. That truck looks great !!! Willie is a good guy over at DDR.

I plan on doing a full splitter under my front terminator bumper. Don't want that riced out look though.

I love everything 80s Ford made. Right now all of mine are 88s. Guess the metal was different or something because they have no rust.

Meh, there hasnt been much going on here for a bit. Its just details and fine tuning type stuff now.

Well, no real physical updates today. However, my wife and I took our three kids to her work for a free build a bear/picture with Santa and Mrs Claus event. We happened to stroll up at the same time as my wife's friend and her husband and kids. That was great because the line was over an hour long. As said husband and I were shooting the :poo:, a guy behind us asked me about my car he overheard us discuss. Low and behold, I met my local Steve @a91what today. He does tuning for a hobby, has a friend with a dyno a whopping 30 minutes from me, and owns a turbo '03 Cobra and a CTS-V daily. He was trying to get me to go megasquirt, but Im gonna keep it simple with QH since Im an N/A 347 that will never see a power adder. I put a wideband on my Christmas list. ;) And come spring, we are going to install the QH, hook up his laptop and go driving around. Once it feels good, we will hit the dyno for giggles to see what it makes. My motivation has returned!

Reactions: 3 users
Well then...

Send me the money you're planning on spending on that QH, and anything extra that it will cost you for the dyno time please..
( this current revision I'm doing is proving a little costly)

The reason I'm asking is because if you're just throwing stuff away, I certainly could use it instead.

I know you think that you're gonna keep that 347 n/a.
I'm sure when you bought the car, you thought you were gonna leave it alone too.
I'm thinking when you bought the Ranger, your plans were to just fix the transmission that was in it.
And when you sold that, and bought the '11 GT, you convinced your wife it was good enough as it came from the factory.

Face it. The tuner guy was trying to talk you into a Megasquirt because he knows that there is only so much he can do with that QH, and as soon as you get the itch to put some Novi, or some other type of wheezer on your " I'm gonna leave it alone" combo
All of the limitations of a chip type bandaid a QH actually is will force you to start all over with the right stuff...effectively throwing away every penny you spend on that thing.

And come to terms with the "real you".... I'm 1000 miles away, and I know what will happen to this car just as surely as if it was in my own garage.

So send it to somebody that'll put it to good use.

Nah Mike, Ive had the car for over two years now and have maybe put 150 miles on it. You yourself said the cam in it wont be any good for boost, and Im not tearing a nice fresh engine apart again to swap cams for boosting a stock block 347. If I had bought a dart block 347, then yeah, the sky would be the limit. But I didnt. It'll be what it is as I save the money to put a T56 behind it, and then get it painted, etc.

Nah Mike, Ive had the car for over two years now and have maybe put 150 miles on it. You yourself said the cam in it wont be any good for boost, and Im not tearing a nice fresh engine apart again to swap cams for boosting a stock block 347. If I had bought a dart block 347, then yeah, the sky would be the limit. But I didnt. It'll be what it is as I save the money to put a T56 behind it, and then get it painted, etc.
Oh, the lies we tell ourselves.

"I'm going to leave it alone. just restore it and DD it."
"I'm going to keep the projects small enough to knock out in a weekend."
"Check out this HCI combo I got"
<you are here>
"Sold the HCI LOL, check out my 351"
"Might as well go turbo at this point."
".....Has it really been 2 years?"
"Damnit, should have stayed stock."
< I am here, see you soon.>

• Haha
Oh, the lies we tell ourselves.

"I'm going to leave it alone. just restore it and DD it."
"I'm going to keep the projects small enough to knock out in a weekend."
"Check out this HCI combo I got"
<you are here>
"Sold the HCI LOL, check out my 351"
"Might as well go turbo at this point."
".....Has it really been 2 years?"
"Damnit, should have stayed stock."
< I am here, see you soon.>

Lol, I get where you and Mike are coming from, but Im serious. The Mustang is staying 347 N/A. It will get a transmission, paint job, and some interior changes for its next upgrades.

Now the F250 and its oil bleeding 105k mile 351W on the other hand....

I dont think anyone has bothered to get a 1990 F250 4x4 into the 10's, and I will not the first either. A 408 stroker may grace the engine bay so as to be able to pull the camper a little easier. Thats a couple years from now though. It runs perfectly in stock form, its just weaaaaaaaaak.