Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

Those window frames shouldn't be sticking out that much. Something else is going on. Are they bent?

Good to know about the poly mounts. Looks like i'll be seeking out some rubber vert mounts.

It’s always possible they are bent. No way to really know. Both windows operate well, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t still be bent out some. I’ll see if they bend in and mate to the weatherstripping.

• Sponsors (?)

We had a 62 degree day today in Iowa. My wife was whining that it didn’t feel like Christmas, but growing up in TX, it felt just fine to me. After all the Xmas activities were done, I got a truckload of the previous owners sh*t out of one half of the barn, and can now fit the Mustang, zero turn, and four wheeler with ease. It will one day be an awesome shop, but that’s a bit down the road.

F66AF8D1-1D57-45D2-B369-3764CF06A4B8.jpeg

E078E0A7-32D1-455E-BDD7-6390A201D023.jpeg

I have the Systemax laying around, as well as a PHB, but they will continue to sit in the garage until Spring/Summer. Basically whenever I get the main floor of the house done. That is my milestone to hit to feel ok going out and continuing the car build.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Saw the beating you were taking over on bookface.

Just stuff it in the corner of the barn and let it sit. My car sat 10 years while life got in the way. I'm glad I hung onto it.

Meh, just one internet tough guy. I’m going to leave it out there. If it goes it goes, if not it’s there when I get to it. Whenever that may be.

Since we are on the subject, someone with an LX should put a '94-'98 Cobra front bumper on their car. I may be the only fox guy who thinks this, but I have always loved how the fog light holes stand forward. I think it looks aggressive, kinda in your face, but the roundness toward the bottom doesnt lend to a GT. @Boosted92LX ?

94%20cobra_zps2ecgkktw.jpg

You know....an LX bumper with 94-98 cobra fogs would look badass