Nitrous

Gear grabber

May 23, 2016
102qxyt.jpg

It all works now. Each kit can be fired independently or together.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes 2 kits. Pump gas street car.
Dart block 427 11-1,tfs 20511r heads.
Drive it all day h/r cam. fti ported super vic.
950 quick fuel,black magic. 1.75 headers,
3.00 exhaust. t56 with 2.66 first,mcleod
twin disc. spool.

Next test hit will be around 200 total,first kit window switch and wot switch.
2nd kit, window,button on the shift handle. Radio cd player.
vxgk5g.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
That's awesome. I have thought about a combo like that, but with more nitrous, lol. Just dreaming on my part, looks good. Keep us updated with track times.

Joe

any reason you went with 2 kits vs a progressive with a larger single?
I wondered the same, but with my limited knowledge I didn't want to question it. From my studies on YB, sometimes a large single on a progressive is easier and safer to tune. My guess is that the 200 shot is just the beginning though.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I wondered the same, but with my limited knowledge I didn't want to question it. From my studies on YB, sometimes a large single on a progressive is easier and safer to tune. My guess is that the 200 shot is just the beginning though.

Joe

way way back in the day when we ran the nitrous car we ran 2 kits and had 3 on the car... its honestly more nitrous than that 450" small block could actually use. with the new plates out like the sledgehammer and the stinger you can spray a metric :poo:load on a single kit with a progressive.

with my car im going to be running a banked soft line fogger. hopefully i can use that to limit how much i try to spray the house down on the stock block, but being banked i think i can bring it in smooth enough that it doesnt make the car super violent without converter tricks

Reactions: 1 users
any reason you went with 2 kits vs a progressive with a larger single?
I have never been a fan of progressive hits. I sprayed a lot of nitrous on bikes (busa,zx12) when the solenoid was rattling away it allways felt like a turd
until it was all in. Went to 2 smaller kits and loved it.

The car is giving me the same impression. I don't have a grid,so all the timing comes out,50 %.5 sec feels like it goes pig rich and
takes time to recover (very conservative tune does not help) right now 2nd kit is .050n/.047f pulling 5 degrees.
Think I want to try .053n/.048f pull 4 degrees, 60% .4 (pump in the tank 92, stand alone has 110)

Reactions: 2 users
yea those jet spreads are screaming pig rich! shocked it honestly doesnt lift ring lands with that much fuel in it lol
and not having a step retards will make that really screwy to tune down low

id probably lean both kits out a good bit.
if you are under timed in the 1st kit you can go stupid lean and not hurt anything.

going lean on nitrous wont hurt anything if the timing isnt aggressive. if there is no fuel to burn there is no fuel to burn.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to be clear,i have a 3 step retard. I am pulling 3 degrees on the first kit (.041n/038f)
5 degrees on the 2nd kit. (.050n/.047f) Fuel pressure from the stand alone is 5.75 lb. (carb.)
If I can borrow a jet holder and .073 jet,i will flow the fuel side today and bump the spread to 8 or so.

Last edited: