• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Nitto Fitment...315's

  • Thread starter Thread starter 94GTLaserRC
  • Start date Start date Aug 22, 2009

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Aug 22, 2009
#1
  • Aug 22, 2009
  • #1
What is the smallest rim that anyone has put a 315 Nitto on? (rear)
RC
 

YEAHLOH95

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
1,249
3
39
EVERETT,PA
Aug 23, 2009
#2
  • Aug 23, 2009
  • #2
i wouldn't go less than a 10" rim
 

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
1,184
2
38
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
Aug 24, 2009
#3
  • Aug 24, 2009
  • #3
I know for a fact they will easily fit on 17x9's, but they do buldge a bit.

Hell, I have seen guys with 315/35/17 BFG dr's on 03 Cobra's and they buldged a ton, but still physically fit.

I have them on 17x11's and they are not quite wide enough for me, as they come just to the edge of the rim.
 

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
1,113
0
36
Medicine Hat, AB
Aug 24, 2009
#4
  • Aug 24, 2009
  • #4
I run'em on my 9 inch rims, they're not that bad. The Nitto Drags really aren't as wide as I'd hoped they would be
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Aug 25, 2009
#5
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • #5
xr8d302 said:
I run'em on my 9 inch rims, they're not that bad. The Nitto Drags really aren't as wide as I'd hoped they would be
Click to expand...

Do you have any good angle photos? My rims are a tad over 9". Ive been debating 315 or 275. I may just stick with the 275. Car is just a street car anyway.

Thanks
RC
 

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
1,113
0
36
Medicine Hat, AB
Aug 25, 2009
#6
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • #6
Here you go, closest one I have, let me know if you need any different angles or if you need me to take off a wheel.

 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Aug 25, 2009
#7
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • #7
xr8d302 said:
Here you go, closest one I have, let me know if you need any different angles or if you need me to take off a wheel.

Click to expand...

I dont need another angle to make a decision, but I would like to see a ground shot looking at the back to see the full tire.

They dont look quite as bulgy as I thought. Now I have a tough decision. They just mounted right up and installed right?

Thanks
RC
 

can95droptop

New Member
Jun 12, 2009
17
0
0
Calgary AB Canada
Aug 25, 2009
#8
  • Aug 25, 2009
  • #8
xr8d302 said:
Here you go, closest one I have, let me know if you need any different angles or if you need me to take off a wheel.

Click to expand...

Do you have wheel spacers on there or how did you get that look.
 

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
1,113
0
36
Medicine Hat, AB
Aug 26, 2009
#9
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • #9
Rob - No, I still have my spacers on there, but today maybe I'll pull'em off and see if they rub at all. Most guys take off , or reverse the quad shocks once they start moving to 315's. As for mounting on the tire, the tire guy didn't look concerned at all, just tossed it on, balanced and gone. Shouldn't be any issues at all there

Can95droptop - Yeah there certainly is spacers there, but they won't be on there long. I wanted to check how it would look as it made my 275's sit perfectly, but with the 315, it's just a little too far. I will probably go down to a 1/2 or 3/4 inch spacer and get the right look with that.
 

can95droptop

New Member
Jun 12, 2009
17
0
0
Calgary AB Canada
Aug 26, 2009
#10
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • #10
looks good i went with a deep dish wheel to get it out there and look right
 

can95droptop

New Member
Jun 12, 2009
17
0
0
Calgary AB Canada
Aug 26, 2009
#11
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • #11
305 35 18 on an 18 x 10 rim
I know its not the 315 but they are nitto hope it helps
 

can95droptop

New Member
Jun 12, 2009
17
0
0
Calgary AB Canada
Aug 26, 2009
#12
  • Aug 26, 2009
  • #12
side shot



rear

 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
90 Fox 4Lug rear convert to 5 Lug
  • adimice
  • Jun 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
203
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 6, 2026
limp
J
Wheels-Tires Need Some Help - Brakes Upgrade/Wheel fitment
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 3 4 5
Replies
85
Views
3K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Yesterday at 10:18 AM
jaygee15
J
B
Tire size question 1986 gt hatchback
  • B0udreaux
  • Jan 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
766
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 17, 2026
B0udreaux
B
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
321
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?