Fox No Boost And Stumped

Foiled by a $2 part...

UHqoMPe.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Eventually, something simple makes even the smartest of us chase our tails.

We deserve a video buddy :cool::burnout:

Reactions: 1 users
No! None of that yet.

Disconnect tube from throttle body and drive the car a bit while datalogging, get some wot pulls. Then from there I can interpolate the needed fuel load under boost, much safer way to go about this.

Eventually, something simple makes even the smartest of us chase our tails.

We deserve a video buddy :cool::burnout:
The corollary to that is that "You always break something expensive when you try to juggle it along with something cheap"

Make a quick stop and you try to keep your drink from spilling and hold on to your laptop at the same time. The drink doesn't spill but the laptop makes a sickening, cracking sound when it slips out of our hands and hits the dash...

Before any meaningful data logs, I just want to see it make boost... and I'm sure I can restrain myself from making too much boost. I've never done a hard pull with this car yet. Any time I start to make power, it feels wrong so I get out of it pretty quickly.

It was a long time coming, but I'm thrilled that it's now in order. Reignites my passion for the project which I technically started about 7 years ago when I picked up the Cobra bone stock. Had a vision for what I consider the ultimate Fox body. It's probably 85% there now. After tuning, I want to get it painted (black again), clean up the interior a bit and install some better sound system components (although I think the exhaust note will make me happy too). After that a few suspension/chassis items to complete the full Max Motorsports setup and a set of polished 5 spoke billet wheels to replace the Saleen reps.

It was a long time coming, but I'm thrilled that it's now in order. Reignites my passion for the project which I technically started about 7 years ago when I picked up the Cobra bone stock. Had a vision for what I consider the ultimate Fox body. It's probably 85% there now. After tuning, I want to get it painted (black again), clean up the interior a bit and install some better sound system components (although I think the exhaust note will make me happy too). After that a few suspension/chassis items to complete the full Max Motorsports setup and a set of polished 5 spoke billet wheels to replace the Saleen reps.
Tuning is fun. Steve helped me out a lot too, he took over my computer and did a lot of tutorial stuff which helped me a lot with understanding how things work. He got me far enough along to where I felt comfortable to take it over myself and dial the rest in.

No! None of that yet.

Disconnect tube from throttle body and drive the car a bit while datalogging, get some wot pulls. Then from there I can interpolate the needed fuel load under boost, much safer way to go about this.

Curious. Those incons came with a MAF tube. Are you telling him to run without the MAF connected? If so, what was the thinking there? Did he drop to speed density?

Curious. Those incons came with a MAF tube. Are you telling him to run without the MAF connected? If so, what was the thinking there? Did he drop to speed density?
I'm thinking he wants some of the boost to go to atmosphere to get the VE in ball park slowly and safely. It's what he recommended to me as well. I held the bypass open which net me about 4 psi instead of 8-11 psi at WOT

"I would like to report that when you lifted at 2800rpm you were at 2psi.
looks like it was just a blip of the throttle in half a second you had them spooled up into boost. :nice:"

Nice! I was really going easy with the throttle.