No Heat And Temp Gauge Fluctuates??

Chenaniah

Dec 28, 2016
I just replaced the thermostat. Still no heat and my temp gauge still moves up and down in the NORMAL range. Not showing symptoms of a blown head gasket. What could it be and how can i test for it?

• Sponsors (?)

When it's at operating temperature are the heater hoses hot? Top and bottom radiator hoses hot? The thermostat is opening?

Radiator is full of coolant, cooling system bled of air pockets?

Inside the car when you switch it from Cold to Hot, can you hear the door change?

When it's at operating temperature are the heater hoses hot? Top and bottom radiator hoses hot? The thermostat is opening?

Radiator is full of coolant, cooling system bled of air pockets?

Inside the car when you switch it from Cold to Hot, can you hear the door change?

I know I hear the door change. I havent checked the hoses...

Have you fixed this yet? A couple suggestions. You didn't put the thermostat in backwards did you? I did this once and it caused all kinds of problems. More than likely you have a large air pocket somewhere. Raise the front of the car up so the radiator is the highest point. Run the car with the heat on and the radiator cap off. After it warms up you should you should get a few "burps" as the coolant expands and forces the air out. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user