No Intercooler?

Anti_Hero0932

Jan 29, 2012
LaGrange, MO
Hey guys im just curious, ive been seeing a lot of post on facebook recently where guys are just plumbing their turbos right to their throttle bodies. This seems like their air temps would be very high. i havent really dabbled in Meth injection or anything and im thinking maybe thats how their getting away from the intercoolers? but i dont see any nozzles in the charge pipe? anyone have any experience with this?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys im just curious, ive been seeing a lot of post on facebook recently where guys are just plumbing their turbos right to their throttle bodies. This seems like their air temps would be very high. i havent really dabbled in Meth injection or anything and im thinking maybe thats how their getting away from the intercoolers? but i dont see any nozzles in the charge pipe? anyone have any experience with this?
Non intercooler blower and turbo guys are usually using methanol or e85 to combat the inlet temps and detonation .

:ohoh:

Yes to all the above. In reality if your not afraid of slightly wearing the turbo you can spray the water right into the turbo inlet. You need to mist it in but you wont even really need to add meth if you are just looking to control temps.

Just a thought. I have help a few guys setup these systems

Reactions: 1 user
Long time if you are spraying say... 3-5gph into the turbo under boost. Remember if you are just using distilled water or -20* blue washer fluid you want to spray less as the water content is higher.

@KZGUNS do you daily your car a bit?
in the summer time a few times a week. It's not something you'll need to top off everyday and you're not using any outside of boost. I used -20 washer fluid (~40% meth but can vary) last year but I'm gonna use boost juice this coming summer only because i want a consistent meth %. You can have the meth come in after 5psi if you want which would extend refills but you'll have to see what your iat are and what your comfortable with. What i have was put together with the advice of @a91what and his tuning and I'm really happy with it.

Ill have to look into that. would be realy nice to do if i change things up soon. im looking at getting a 351 here shortly. thinking about seeling my whole set up with the computer then buying a 351 and getting a new mega squirt or something