No where to go

87 black gt

Jan 24, 2016
I have not posted in a while, done a few things . I rebuilt the engine to 306 installed 3:73.Here in ohio car shows and cruise-ins have been canceled due to the pandemic.So no where to go

Attachments

• 20200714_190134.jpg
    20200714_190134.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200714_190015.jpg
    20200714_190015.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 158
  • 20200714_190044.jpg
    20200714_190044.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So you need a car show or a cruise in to drive the car?
What did you build it for? I never understood that.
I even drive the 1953 brand x just to drive it. Except for the dirt roads and 29c a gallon gas it drives just like it was in 1953.
Just get in, buckle up and drive!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I even drive the 1953 brand x just to drive it. Except for the dirt roads and 29c a gallon gas it drives just like it was in 1953.

Drive it where?
I built that car for the show circuit...not the “ Auto show” show circuit, But instead the cruise in, the MW, power tour, or especially the Cruisin the coast show circuit.

One week of driving, looking, and talking to gawkers that pass the perfectly original 1958 corvette sitting next to me to ask me what that engine is with the twin cams, 6 coils, and a big assed turbo...in a.....What is that,...A Monte Carlo?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Drive it where?
I built that car for the show circuit...not the “ Auto show” show circuit, But instead the cruise in, the MW, power tour, or especially the Cruisin the coast show circuit.

One week of driving, looking, and talking to gawkers that pass the perfectly original 1958 corvette sitting next to me to ask me what that engine is with the twin cams, 6 coils, and a big assed turbo...in a.....What is that,...A Monte Carlo?
My post was not pointed at you mike.

Ohhh..I’m sorry. Stupid me ( again). Since you neither replied to a specific post, or quoted the one you WERE intending your post for, I just assumed you were talking about the last one above yours.
Mike, your car is not running/driving right now, I know that and you know I know that.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure, but i think Birmingham’s cruise nights are still going on...( At least I think they are)

Yeah, I have no idea what's going on here either. Zero change for me, didn't like anyone before, not going out of my way to see them now. Too fricken hot to wash a car in July anyway. Just sitting here re flooring my kitchen, and dreading that I have to go to Home Depot tomorrow and interact with morons so I can get a few feet of baseboard.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
That car is beautiful. Love the old school Welds and the t tops. Well done. I’m missing the car shows and cruise nights too. But I do get in her, not as much as I would like to, and drive her even just to the bagel store on the weekend. My 8 year old daughter loves the car so she rides along. Few weeks ago wifey even came for a spin and we headed out east past the sod farms and vineyards just because. And sometimes I just head out to the garage, pull back the cover, and tinker. Honestly, I feel lucky that my family and I are all healthy right now and I am fortunate enough to have such a nice toy, even if it’s mostly garage art right now. Eventually we will get through this. But in the meantime we just gotta be patient, smart and count our blessings each and every day.

Reactions: 3 users
Mike, your car is not running/driving right now, I know that and you know I know that.
I have a car for that already. it’s the one I drive everyday to work. I took it to mean the one that I built. Despite that, I did not build that car for the pure pleasure of driving it..... It’s more like a toy.
An old car that makes as much power as this ( when it finally makes the power it’s supposed to make) isn’t a “ get in it and drive it daily“ car. Waay too many “what ifs n why’s” that can’t be controlled when you exponentially increase the car to them daily..

What if the freakin thing breaks and strands me.
What if the freakin thing breaks and kills me.
What if Somebody runs a red light and kills the car.
Why would I trade the absolute reliability of a 2018 BMW electric dork mobile with all of its creature comforts, safety features, and efficiencies for the opposite of that? Even for five miles?

My car was/is built to show, and to enjoy the other cars while there. I want people to see it and i want to talk about what it is to anybody that wants to know. However, Getting it there under its own power is the necessary evil.
The stupid power goal i’m after makes the “getting it there“ fun while it lasts, but increases the what if factor dramatically.

And even if.....Even if i put a bone ass stock drivetrain that would start every freakin day,..why would you want to daily drive a car that can’t be replaced when the red light scenario, or the parking lot, or the sun, or the flock of pidgeons can happen to it at any given time of day.

And how long would I keep that car if it was bone stock and boring just so I could drive it.?

Now do you understand it?

Last edited:
  • Sad
I do drive the wheels off of it I had to rebuild due to engine blew at a road course stock class it's been banged up a few times, but I just keep rebuilding it

• Hell Yeah!
same down here... most shows are cancelled and frankly I am not enthusiastic about sitting out in 100 degree weather with a damn mask on and having to park 6 feet away from each other,, kind of defeats the purpose of going

• Agree