No wipers, washers!

Ok, so my 01 GT convertible I’ve owned for 9 years. The washers never worked, but I didn’t mind. 6 months ago, I had the stereo out and saw a spark in the dash joke as a wire not taped off touched something. A week later I notice the wipers not working and the left turn ONLY flashes very quickly. I had a Ford certified mechanic do some engine work and he tried relieving the stalk, which fixed nothing. He says I need the gem module. I found s yard one on eBay, as it’s s discontinued part, swapped it, and the car does exactly the same thing. It’s a weather ness here in the Midwest and I’ve run out of ideas, other than hardwiring a toggle to the wipers! Help please. Oh and btw, that mechanic passed away do now I’m without one I trust.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you confirm key on power in and out of fuse F2.26? Best to use a test light to "load" the circuit. Use a KNOWN good ground.

1999-2004 MY fuse panel schedule:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/for...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271

Do you have a volt-ohm Meter (VOM) and are willing to use it? There are several relays and grounds involved with trouble shooting the washer wiper circuit. A test light can be your friend.