• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

no2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phatt_daddy
  • Start date Start date Mar 6, 2007
P

Phatt_daddy

Member
Apr 22, 2005
219
1
19
Hytop, AL
Mar 6, 2007
#1
  • Mar 6, 2007
  • #1
Hey all, I am wanting to put a nitrous kit on my car and I know nothing about it. What do I need to know before I put it on?

Thanks,
Nate
 
G

GREYFOX4INCH

Member
May 8, 2005
190
0
16
western MA
Mar 7, 2007
#2
  • Mar 7, 2007
  • #2
the car your talking about has a lincoln motor in it?
there is alot to learn before you run nitrous. (N2O!)
if you dont have any idea whats involved, www.google.com is where you should start .
 
P

Phatt_daddy

Member
Apr 22, 2005
219
1
19
Hytop, AL
Mar 7, 2007
#3
  • Mar 7, 2007
  • #3
Yep the lincoln engine is the one I want to put it on...... and I dont really care what happens to this particular engine either cause I have another out of a 93 car with a forged bottom end. The local track is about to open and I just want to go and play with the car in stock trim and then a little juice on it to see what it will turn before I take it off the satreets for a good tune and a paint job. So if I om the engine it wont bother me.

Thanks,
Nate
 
G

GREYFOX4INCH

Member
May 8, 2005
190
0
16
western MA
Mar 7, 2007
#4
  • Mar 7, 2007
  • #4
well i thought the lincolns did not have H.O. motors/(cam)...

anyway. your question is pretty broad.

you need colder plugs, you need to take 2 * of timing out for ever 50hp you want to spray.
buy a nitrous kit and follow the directions.
im not sure exactly you want to know. search the forum or starting reading threads in the "power adders" section of this website.
 
P

Phatt_daddy

Member
Apr 22, 2005
219
1
19
Hytop, AL
Mar 8, 2007
#5
  • Mar 8, 2007
  • #5
You are correct, Lincoln doesn't have an H. O. unless it maybe in a Mark VII. I am still running the non h.o. firing order, so I know that I am losing power there. The info yall gave is what I was looking for/.
 
M

miller92063

Member
Oct 12, 2005
253
0
16
Nebraska
Mar 9, 2007
#6
  • Mar 9, 2007
  • #6
Know little?= ZEX
Don't need to know a lot.
But understand duration and detonation
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Brakes 80 Mustang 4.2 rear chassis brake line for 5 lug conversion!
  • StangPowerLSX510
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
135
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 9, 2026
limp
H
Drivetrain 6R80 to t56 swap
  • Holymoses
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
372
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
185
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
H
Forced Induction On3 Turbo Kit- Parts list NEEDED - 302 Stock Motor
  • Hirothecool1
  • Feb 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 7, 2026
slow84lx
S
Suspension End link replacement size
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • May 12, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
235
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 20, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?