Noob checking in...Hello from Atlanta

DiMora

Dec 19, 2008
Hey guys,

Noob checking in.

Just picked up a 2006 Roush Stage 1 in red. It is my first Mustang, and my first American car since my 85 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo.

Looking forward to trying out this American Muscle.

I'm looking into supercharging...I have seen Kenne Bell, Saleen, and Roush options. I'd like to put 450 to the rear wheels.

From what I have seen, I can do that easily with the Kenne Bell, The Saleen can do it with upgraded injectors, pulley, and software, and the Roush only one of the three Roush offerings can do it - The R2300. It looks like about 6 grand no matter which one I go with.

Any thoughts on all this? Are my thoughts and assumptions on target? Right now, I am leaning toward the Bell. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Sup, i was just in your area at prestige and mustang parts salvage gettin parts for teh cobra. :D

As far as a poweradder, this isnt 1998 anymore. Go turbo. :nice: Why force your engine to make 550HP just to get 450 to the wheels.

Sup, i was just in your area at prestige and mustang parts salvage gettin parts for teh cobra. :D

As far as a poweradder, this isnt 1998 anymore. Go turbo. :nice: Why force your engine to make 550HP just to get 450 to the wheels.

I've had a turbo before. I want to try supercharging due to some of the turbo negatives I know about:

1) Turbo Lag
2) Heat
3) Wastegate maintenance
4) Cool down / coking avoidance / bearing life

So how much turbo horsepower are you saying a turbo car makes at the flywheel in order to get 450 at the wheels? Is a turbo significantly less? I know it will be somewhat less since the Turbo is using spent exhaust gasses vs. using engine horsepower to turn the blower screws.

With that said, I am open minded. I haven't even looked into turbocharging yet on this car...what would you suggest if I do go that route and what vendors / pricing points am I getting into?

:nice: