North Cobra brackets....CObra rear disk with Ranger axles.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I'm going to redo my rear disk setup. I have a modified Mark 7 rear disk setup. Reasons being, the calipers are shot, and it's time for new rotors.

Unfortunatly, new calipers are $80 each.

Well someone just gave me a pair of Cobra rear calipers and rotors. They swapped to crossdrilled and bought the 4-caliper Bullitt kit.

Now North Cobras makes a rear bracket kit for Fox's with ranger axles to run this stuff for $140

http://www.northracecars.com/catalog/brakes/brakes.htm

I would like to convert to Cobra rear to get a matched brake setup. My only question is for guys who have this setup. Any problems with it since the NC brackets don't have an antimoan bracket?

• Sponsors (?)

Mike,

Another idea is to modify the FMS Cobra brake conversion kit to mount the axle flange bracket inside the flange instead of outside, like in this thread:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446998

I have two friends that are going this route. One got the Cobra kit for about $168 from Tommie Vaughn Ford locally, and that includes the axle bracket and the anti moan brackets. The you would have an extra set of rotors, the dust shields if you can mount them, or you can sell those extra parts and save even more on the conversion.

My friends are going to "slot" the brackets like was mentioned in the thread instead of cutting them in two.

Just something else to consider. Good luck on it!

Thomas

Very interesting. Theoretically if i get that kit i'm all set to go. Cobra rears for under $200.

WHat i am wondering though is maybe i should just buy some stock lenght Sn95 axles and use them instead to push my rear wheels out a tad. I do have SN95 wheels and 0.75 should still be fine for me. Decisions decisions.... :shrug:

I kinda would like the keep the bracket 100% unmodified, but then again, i am running a modded-bracket lincoln setup so what;s the difference.

I actually have the rear from my car pulled out so i could paint it up and clean it up and that's when i noticed my calipers. 1 looks like it is seized and the other is leaking fluid from the piston seal. The rotors are also junk. What do you expect from used parts. The only parts good are the axles and the brackets...which i can prob sell on EBay or trade for some Sn95 axles.

Thanks for the link, i think i'm gonna go that route for now. Then i'll have true Cobra 4-wheel disk for still under $650 total