SN95 NOS 5115 kit on a stock 1994 Cobra, how large of a shot?

How large of a shot can I put on a stock longblock 94 Cobra? The car has full exhaust, an unknown mystery cam, msd ignition, and a brand new walbro 255 lph pump? I've bought a NOS 05115 dry kit, but I'm concerned about spraying 100 or higher.

• Sponsors (?)

Is a wideband really that necessary on small shots? I was just concerned if the stock 94 pistons could withstand a 150 dry shot, which doesn't seem to phase the 85-92 pistons. But if its that helpful, its worth having.

Is a condom really necessary??

If you increment the shots ( lowest to highest) and reading plugs and pulling timing respectively .......then maybe it will be fine.

I think you are confusing a 150 wet shot vs a dry shot. Just know the wideband can give you a indication of how your car is current running and tuned which will mitigate damaging your engine when spraying. ( Each engine is running different)

One last thing what plugs and gap are you running?

Last edited:
How large of a shot can I put on a stock longblock 94 Cobra? The car has full exhaust, an unknown mystery cam, msd ignition, and a brand new walbro 255 lph pump? I've bought a NOS 05115 dry kit, but I'm concerned about spraying 100 or higher.

Guys have done it. It's a toss up really, because it all comes down to your ability to tune it. The stock style mustang manifolds do not distribute well, meaning some runner get more or less than others. That being said, the dry shot is the safer way to go the larger you get because the fuel has a hard time hanging on when it has to make the 180 degree turn followed by a 90 degree turn.

That kit utilizes a large fuel pressure hike to trick the injectors into spraying more fuel. Every cylinder will get the same fuel, but probably not the same nitrous. Therefore you need to pay attention to every cylinder when working on your tune up. A wide band, reading plugs and even a laser temp gun to read header temps will be usefull.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
me personally id pick up a plate kit over the 5115 set up.

i sprayed more than most with a GT40 plate kit... it was enough that the 255 intake would only make 20lbs of fuel pressure down track ;)

Reactions: 1 user