Nos Mini Progressive Review

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
So no real pics to show here, but I thought I would give my feedback on the NOS mini controller for those who may be interested in purchasing one.

What it does do:

Progresses shot from your set beginning % to your set ending %, over your determine time span. Example, I started my shot at 30% and went to 100% over 1 second. The ramp is linear and does not allow you to build a custom ramp; rather, it goes straight up as it progresses.

Delays when you want the shot to come on from .1 - 9.99 seconds.

Can be activated using a wot switch or tps activation.

RPM window switch built in.

When signal is broken (gear shift or peddling it) it can be configured to resume the ramp point or start the ramp over.

Can activate an output trigger, such as a timing retard.

Can handle 40 amps of load.

Does not require a laptop or external relays.

Solenoids are wired directly to positive and the control provides the ground to turn on and off.

Controls 2 stages.

What it does not do:

Does not allow a ramp rate with different aggressiveness. Example, you can't go 10-30% over .5 seconds then 30%-100% over .3 seconds. Once you start the ramp, it's a straight shot over the given time.

It cannot control 2 stages at 1 time. Once stage 2 activates, stage 1 stops. So a 100 shot stage 1 and a 200 shot stage 2 does not give you 300 at once. Once the 200 turns on, the 100 turns off.

One trick I have learned so far: you can wire both stage outputs together to the same kit. This allows you to work around the lack of buildable ramps. For example:

Turn on stage 1 out of the hole and ramp from 20%-50 in .5 seconds. Set stage 2 to come on at .5 seconds and ramp from 50%-100% in .2 seconds. When stage 2 comes on, it turns off the stage 1 signal. What this allows you to do is start really soft then ramp up aggressively as you get to moving.

I hope this wasn't too confusing. Some of this info is not in the instructions and has required lots of research and calls to the tech line. I thought it would be nice to put it all in one place.

Any questions, ask away.

Joe

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)