Not a word heard

Every since the NY show and all the hoopla about the Shelby Mustang, then the resulting excitment of the vehicle on some forums. I have been waiting for people to talk up the "ADRENALIN". I have been on many Forums and not a word since its press release. Does this mean no one cares? No one wants one? I did check prices on stantand Sport-trac and they were 28K with-out Cobra motor and all wheel drive etc...

• Sponsors (?)

actually it is

This is an SVT talk forum. The Adrenalin is an SVT product....I don't want to discuss them......and I mention I had been to other forums. I wanted to know if any one even cared whether they were produced. and from you response I gather you don't,,,,,,,,,,,see you later .........chief

Uncle Meat said:
Unfortunately for Ford the "ADRENALIN" is not drumming up the excitement they had hoped. Nobody that I have talked to wants one, the majority would rather have the Lightning brought back instead.

U.M.
:stupid:
I'm one of them. I think the regular Sport-Trac is hideous and useless to begin with, so I can't figure out why they picked that platform to hotrod. Even the Explorer would have been a better choice in my mind. I can't imagine it lasting more than a couple of years at best.

mightymidget said:
This is an SVT talk forum. The Adrenalin is an SVT product....I don't want to discuss them......and I mention I had been to other forums. I wanted to know if any one even cared whether they were produced. and from you response I gather you don't,,,,,,,,,,,see you later .........chief
No one I have talked to gives 2 $hits whether or not the Adrenalin is produced or not. People want an SVT Cobra and an SVT Lightning, and a turbocharged SVT Focus.

I have a family of 5 and rarely get to use the Cobra. I have been considering trading it in on a Cadillac CTS-V. The adrenaline may be an alternative to my Cobra, all wheel drive, Supercharger upgrades etc, should be a bad ass people mover.

I'll say this, it certainly looks a lot better than the current sport trac which is ridiculous looking with that curved bed and cab.

Sorry only seating for 4, two buckets in front two buckets in rear. The new shelby mustang is not a SVT cobra. The name Cobra is just added in as a marketing tool. This car is not an VT Cobra any more than the Mach I is. It only has some SVT parts to support vehicle, but it is a Shelby cobra not an SVT Cobra. Shelby started the Cobra name and stuck it on all his products, now Ford uses it loosley to sell cars (as in King Cobra II mustangs) Our SVT Cobras may indeed be the Last real Cobras, the rest will be half breeds and the cobra name whored out.

So, even though the car is called a Cobra, with Cobra emblems all over it, and the engine has SVT written all over it, and it's built by the SVT team, it's not an SVT Cobra? :shrug:

So what are you saying? This car is NOT being built by Fords Special Vehicle Team? If I go to the Ford SVT website they state the following:

Cobra GT500: Classic Shelby meets modern SVT
The Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) and Carroll
Shelby have joined forces to create a high-
performance Mustang worthy of the legendary
Cobra GT500 name - with great power,
impressive handling and classic Shelby design
cues. The Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 will continue
SVT's legacy of high performance Mustangs with
a production version slated to go on sale in 2006.
Currently rated at more than 450 horsepower,
the GT500 features the most powerful engine
ever fit into a factory Mustang. The final output
rating will be announced when the production
version is unveiled at the 2006 North American
International Auto Show in Detroit.

Sure sounds like it's an SVT to me!

U.M.

Looks like one too!
fd2005shelbycobragt5001347275.jpg

Attachments

• fd2005shelbycobragt5001347275.jpg