Notes on my pi intake swap

Ok so I started the install sunday and got done monday morning (I wanted to let the RTV harden overnight)

Getting the npi intake off was pretty straight forward just a bunch of bolts.

The first thing I wanna do is give people the low down on this install as to what parts are REALLY needed and what isn't.

The water pump nipple is a load of crap, if your not leaking in the valley of your block below the intake then don't even bother,just replace the o rings around the nipple. The nipple is the same part number from 96-04.

The alternator bracket is also a load of crap, you can use the one on your car right now no need to buy a new one.

I used pi intake gaskets with RTV and am happy to report no leaks.

The hardest part of this install were the two bolts near the back of the motor that hold the heater hose on.....I removed the first one from the engine bay...the 2nd one is impossible to get to from the engine bay.....to make things easier get a quarter inch wrench and a friend...jack the car up and get under it have your friend put the wrench near the nut and you put it on the nut and let your friend turn it. The good news is the new pi heater hose only has 1 bolt to hold it on.

Their is an EXTREMELY annoying metal bracket that serves absolutely no f'ing purpose except to get in the f'ing way of everything..it it located right behind the passenger side valve cover....do yourself a favor and hacksaw it.

Cover up your spark plugs if you remove the plug wires, I got coolant and gas on mine which made one of my plug break in half once I started the engine (luckily I got the plug out)

If you have any questions just ask...I just wanted to clear up a lot of b/s as far as this install goes

• Sponsors (?)

:lol: that made me laugh... I just installed cams and had to move that f'ing dumb metal bracket on the pass side again. What a waste of a part. The damn thing is bolted to the back of the engine and the bolt is really difficult to get to.

btw

I have been driving the car for a week now since the swap, everything is still great...I got a tune from bama for the intake,plenum and t/b.Putting this intake on really shows you how crappy that npi intake is. The car also sounds a bit deeper and louder.From about 3k on up it just pulls and pulls....very nice mod if your thinking about doing this...do it....Now I gotta get around to installing my novi.