Now Im P.Oed...

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
Well begining of march I had my tranny rebuilt,pulled it myself and dropped at the shop,but 3rd gear has had a whine to it so I dropped the car off today for them to fix(no extra cost)I get it back this afternoon and the tranny is good,but now Im hearing and exhaust leak on the passenger side.So I figure it just needs to be reseated.I get under there and goto take the bolts out from the mid pipe to the exhaust manifold(stock) and see that the lower bolt is not even there,ok so i think it just need a new bolt,already have some from when I pulled the tranny i went ahead and put new bolts in it.Then heres the kicker I try to install new bolt and it will not go in,guess what....they over torqued the bolt and broke it off.The guy that did the work called me to pick up the car said it had an exhaust leak and he couldnt figure out why,I told em that it just problaby needed to be reseated and I would just do it since Ive done it before.Now it has to be the bolt thats the hardest to get to,and I cant see any possible way to get a drill in there for an ease out,so it loooks as if I gotta pull the exhaust man off to drill it out,or risk taking it back to them for who knows what next.Several people I know locally recommended them for the work.He had to have known he broke it,but telling me he had no idea why it was leaking....come on.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you need to make a day of coming down to the Houston area and getting things straightened out. I know a shop that works for cheap and does great work.

They've done all the work that I wasn't going to attempt (installing gears for example).

Go ahead and buy the flange gasket for the exhaust where the manifold meets the mid pipe.

If he tightened it enough for the bolt to break I almost garuntee you its tight enough, but that gasket is blown.

Well Ill definately kepp it mind next time I need something done.If you dont mind let me know the name so I can keep it for future ref.After getting the tranny done Ive been looking for an 01-04 GT(just dont want black anymore) or a Mach 1,Theres one towards dallas for sale but its at a Nissan dealer and its a lil over priced compared to ones being sold at ford dealerships,and it needs to be a dealership cause I would be trading mine in.Still undecieded but been kinda looking around.

Go ahead and buy the flange gasket for the exhaust where the manifold meets the mid pipe.

If he tightened it enough for the bolt to break I almost garuntee you its tight enough, but that gasket is blown.

Thats good to hear,since I just put it in last week...welll it was new.Its a metal looking gasket right?I took it out and it stilll looks the same,think its still gonna be bad?

Wal-Mart has the 90* adapter for less :shrug: Just a thought.
Other than that I would bring it back and watch the repair. Ive done it before thats why I just bought all my ouwn air tools and a compressor and air jacks. Sick of other people screwing up something I already fixed :mad:

Electric, air ones are way more. IDK if they would even care air tools :shrug:

NM Thats where I got my tank and compressor :rlaugh:

Ok an update.Decieded to talk with the owner and he he did seem upset.He offered to send out a tow truck to pick up my car and said that this issue would be fixed by him at no cost and he also offered for me to come and watch..which really supprised me.So I said go ahead.I did go and watch him do the repair of which took about an hour and half.He drilled and tapped it put all new exhaust bolt at any bolt joint for the h pipe,loosened all bolts for the tranny and retorqued.After completed ha said that it was a newer Tech that caused this and that the tech had to pay for towing and parts.He then returned $75 of the original labor cost on the tranny rebiuld($200).He said that he hoped that I have become a satified customer.I didnt even have to argue with them over this of which was also a suprise.I did not expect to end up with that kind of service.:nice: Oh and the tech that caused all this also came out and apologised for the mishap...im sure the owner made him.BUt all is good to go now.

I absolutely love great customer service. This is the way to handle a problem!

This is also which keeps people coming back to a business. Many times, it's not about the actual problem, but how a business handles the problem.

I don't mind paying more money to place with great service than a cheaper shady place.