'o1 GT intake manifold replacement question

Superhereaux

chicks make me feel inadequate
Founding Member
Jul 30, 2002
South Texas
I'm replacing the intake manifold on my brothers 'o1 GT (all plastic but it broke at the back on the heater hose)

My question is will i need to get a new alternator bracket or is that only for '96-98 Mustangs upgrading to a PI setup? Tried searching but the only info i could find is for upgrading to a PI setup, not direct replacement.

Also are the manifold gaskets re-usable?

• Sponsors (?)

depends on what kind of manifold ur trying to install. if you buy the stock one from ford racing, it comes w a replacement or a new alternator bracket. i didnt have to change it. the kit also comes w a new gasket. they are reusable tho, but if u can get a new one, i would def change it. they are inexpensive, and since u are gonna be there, might as well do it. dont wanna risk to do the job 2 times because of a faulty gasket.

UPDATE:

Swapped the intake yesterday with no snags or hold-ups. The intake i ordered from AM was, surprisingly, an actual Ford OEM part which surprised the hell out of me considering the other places i was looking at online clearly stated they had aftermarket parts and cost the same if not more than this one. Finding the gaskets was kind of a late minute addition (my fault) but i finally found some.

Anyway, for anyone curious about the swap or wasn't aware (or finds this using Search later on) the alternator bracket is different between the two intakes. i didn't know but just ended up drilling 2 new holes in the old one, problem solved:nice: