Engine Occasional misfires normal for a HCI?

Have never used a gasket on the front or rear of the lower intake. Good bead of RTV and let it skin up for about 30 min then install the intake.

If the EGR leaks smoke then the engine can suck air into it the same route which is unmetered are going into the intake.
Alright sounds good so that lower intake seal will be the next project.

Dang man I don’t know I put 4 different brand new egrs and every one of them leaked smoke. Is there anything I could spray on the egr while it’s running to see if it changes the idle?

• Sponsors (?)

Searched and found where Mustang5L5 had a really good thought on why an EGR will always leak smoke during a smoke test. I’m going to noodle around on this more tomorrow.
Yea I’m telling you you’ll find a bunch of people online saying smoke comes out of their egr on smoke tests and there’s always some that say it’s normal and some that say it’s not. I had a good month where I’d be changing egrs and doing smoke tests all the time. The smell of that baby oil smoke is the worst!

What do you guys recommend for spraying on a running engine to see if it changes the idle for finding vac leaks. I’d be spraying it on the egr and around the rear lower intake seal.

Cars been running really good lately. It did misfire that first night I took it out after changing the plugs but it hasn’t done it again.

One thing I’m wondering is, being that I had some oil on the plugs, would I benefit from adding in a catch can to beef up my Pcv system?

No catch can. Don't need it.
If you have a rich condition I would check if the fuel pressure regulator is bad by pulling the vac line and smelling it for fuel, if you smell fuel in the vac line the fpr is bad.

Reactions: 1 user