Odometer misread w/ 4.10s?

• Sponsors (?)

Oh does that suck. So my clutch break-in calculation will be off as well. How easy is it to install a Speedcal on a scale of 1 being Piece of Cake & 10 I'll die before I finish? Or would you get a Superchips Microtuner instead?

The Speedcal is not hard to install at all. The only problem I had was the little connection thingy POS that is used to splice a wire into your 12v hot lead.

If you have access to a ohm meter or be careful with this one splice, it is an easy install. The directions are very clear once you begin the job.

Your speedo and odometer will be 25% faster than your actual speed. So if you want to break in your clutch for 500 miles then you should drive until your odometer shows that you went 625 miles (500 x 1.25). You can do the same for your speed. When you are driving divide your speed by 5 and then multiply by 4. That will give you the correct speed and mileage until you get a Speedcal or whatever. So when you show 75 MPH you are actually doing 60MPH.

wickedgt70 said:
Your speedo and odometer will be 25% faster than your actual speed. So if you want to break in your clutch for 500 miles then you should drive until your odometer shows that you went 625 miles (500 x 1.25). You can do the same for your speed. When you are driving divide your speed by 5 and then multiply by 4. That will give you the correct speed and mileage until you get a Speedcal or whatever. So when you show 75 MPH you are actually doing 60MPH.

Let me try to ask this question correctly: Would it be possible to "tell" the SpeedCal that you are running 4.30's or 4.56's when you actually have 4.10's? Would this slow down your odometer? I know there are legal issues here, but I was just thinking of the hypothetical possibilities.

mrvax said:
The Speedcal is not hard to install at all. The only problem I had was the little connection thingy POS that is used to splice a wire into your 12v hot lead.

If you have access to a ohm meter or be careful with this one splice, it is an easy install. The directions are very clear once you begin the job.

I 2nd the POS connection thingy. I also call :bs: on my friend who was helping me hardwire it in and blew my lighter fuse. (No speedo for 2 days). :mad: (When they tell you to disconnect the battery, it's for a reason). :rolleyes:

:D

YallarStang said:
Let me try to ask this question correctly: Would it be possible to "tell" the SpeedCal that you are running 4.30's or 4.56's when you actually have 4.10's? Would this slow down your odometer? I know there are legal issues here, but I was just thinking of the hypothetical possibilities.

Yes, it's possible. Your speedometer would, obviously, be off as well.

Scary. I will surely disconnect mine. But does a speedcal fix the odometer issue as well? I wanna say it does, but does it really? & man does my Tri-Ax allow the gear whine to come right through. I kinda like. Can't wait till Monday when my C&L Intake Plenum & Accufab 75mm TB combo arrives.

downsouthman1 said:
Scary. I will surely disconnect mine. But does a speedcal fix the odometer issue as well? I wanna say it does, but does it really? & man does my Tri-Ax allow the gear whine to come right through. I kinda like. Can't wait till Monday when my C&L Intake Plenum & Accufab 75mm TB combo arrives.

The SpeedCal fixes the Odometer as well. It's all the same signal. That's why, for two days, I had no mileage adding up on my car. No power to the SpeedCal = No Odometer = No Accrual! :banana:

I mean, :mad: .