Official 2014 W T F Does My Car Need This Year? -thread

-Install radiator and fans

-Replace oil leaking intake gasket

-Give up monkeying with software and pay for a dyno tune.

• Sponsors (?)

@Noobz347 @madspeed

Have you guys ever considered doing a group purchase for stangnet members of parts from vendors? For example, how many of us would buy a set of new TFS heads if we can get an extra 5 or 10 % off... same for suspension and other parts. I've done it on other boards and it worked well.

My to do list list

HCI
Water pump
VB and trans cooler
MM brake kit
Cobra Wing and smooth decklid
Strut Tower brace
fuel pump

I see them all over other auto forums. They are typically organized by any random member who contacts a manufacturer or vendor to set up the terms. I would recomend contacting some of our site sponsors to pick their brain as to how they work those deals

Reactions: 1 user
My List is small
Needs:
- Tremec tranny, "I've pretty much killed my poor T5" LOL
Wants:
- 8" crank pulley for more boost! :nice:
-Wheels, "Im growing tired of my '93 Cobra Replica's"
Time for something different.

My List is small
Needs:
Wants:
I feel you on the cobras. Some days i walk in my garage and love them and others i am like its time for change

@Noobz347 @madspeed

Have you guys ever considered doing a group purchase for stangnet members of parts from vendors? For example, how many of us would buy a set of new TFS heads if we can get an extra 5 or 10 % off... same for suspension and other parts. I've done it on other boards and it worked well.

Yes

I see them all over other auto forums. They are typically organized by any random member who contacts a manufacturer or vendor to set up the terms. I would recomend contacting some of our site sponsors to pick their brain as to how they work those deals

...and This ^^^

I've seen them on this site as well but not nearly as often as one would thing. All it really requires is a Thread started in the Talk forum about something someone wants. That gauges the interest.

The rest is done over PM.

If someone starts one of these and you discover a need to be able to invite more into private conversations, let me know. Normally group purchases are 10 or more. I think our PM system currently allows 5 in a conversation.

Easy fix tho

My List is small
Needs:
Wants:

Fine example. I'd probably be in for a group buy on an over-sized crank pulley. Having them made one at a time, makes the price high.

hookers and blow
tumblr_m7jsjpxVYq1ryd5ewo1_500.jpg

Fine example. I'd probably be in for a group buy on an over-sized crank pulley. Having them made one at a time, makes the price high.
I'm guessing a larger pulley on the crank to spin the blower harder? What size pulley? You may be surprised what I have sitting in a box on a shelf..

I'm guessing a larger pulley on the crank to spin the blower harder? What size pulley? You may be surprised what I have sitting in a box on a shelf..

What do you have that is larger than the stock Fox crank pulley?

I have a host of blower pulleys lying around. I can swap to larger if necessary to accommodate a larger crank.

That's really the idea behind the whole thing. I run the smallest pulley on my KB that can be had. It's small enough that it occasionally slips (even with a Gator Back belt). So I want to increase the size of both pulleys. The crank and the blower while keeping the blower at relatively the same speed.

What do you have that is larger than the stock Fox crank pulley?

I have a host of blower pulleys lying around. I can swap to larger if necessary to accommodate a larger crank.

That's really the idea behind the whole thing. I run the smallest pulley on my KB that can be had. It's small enough that it occasionally slips (even with a Gator Back belt). So I want to increase the size of both pulleys. The crank and the blower while keeping the blower at relatively the same speed.
I'll have to dig through my box of goodies but I know I have a 10 rib renegade crank pulley. It keeps the stock 6 rib accessory belt dia but has an 8" blower pulley dia. Its a Vortech piece not sure how the Kenny bell blower pulleys are setup on a fox. I've always used the Vortech stuff since I was trying to go fast ;)

I don't think anyone tunes MS around us, but I have a buddy in Katy who is having pretty good luck on a 351/76mm setup using MS

D3 Performance Engineering on the northwest side. They are who recommended MS to me to begin with. In fact instead of the typical 500 bucks, they only charge 400 to dyno tune MS. I'm just getting impatient. I want my toy!