Official Halloween Thread. What Are You Doing To Prepare?

Lots of rain this weekend so I'm inside working on the Graveyard pillars:


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVli_ijZSBg&feature=youtu.be


Still have to add sound to each pillar, more black lights, power strips, fog machine, then paint it all up to look like stone.

The side that you are seeing is the side that faces away from people looking at the scene. They'll be positioned 8 to 10 feet apart. The one without the scarecrow on it, will be 8 feet high while the one will the scarecrow will look like a partially crumbled pillar.

this is what my driving looks like when some jacktard is coming at me with their high-beams on and they refuse to turn them down. :rlaugh:
 
So which looks better?


20180814_213138-jpg.610959



or



20180917_222431-jpg.613210



The first one reminds me of Mum-Rah. :shrug: Looks less like an ice cream cone though.
 
Agreed that the 1st one is better. To me the second one is so bright that the skull has less of a solid feel to it. Plus with the second being brighter, and redder, your eye is not given the opportunity to appreciate the whole effect it, just bee-lines to the skull and everything else gets lost.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Noobz347
I like the first one better, but would it be possible to add just a little more red to the face, without turning the whole thing red like in pic. #2?

Possibly. I'll play around with it tonight after the sun goes down. The reason that the whole head is red now is because I gave her long hair. You can see she's clutching it in her right hand. However, the effect did not turn out as I had anticipated.

I'm with you guys (you probably guessed). I like the look of the first one better too. So, the flaming red hair is gone and I'll shoot for just bit more red than in the first pic but not enough to wash it all red.
 
  • Like
Reactions: General karthief
Our proprietary controller board. It's fully operational but not completely finished. The board I'm holding up is missing 3 terminals and two LEDs.

A you can probably tell, each board has 4 outputs (triggers) and 2 inputs (sensors). The micro-controller you see there is your run-of-the-mill ESP8266 mounted on some Chinese knock-off board that is in-turn, mounted to our board.

20180920_205144.webp

Our board takes the place of the break-out boards you see here:
1537491563675.webp
 
Last edited: