OH **** Water mixed with oil in the intake

1994Vib.RedGT

Aug 19, 2004
Denver, CO
I took off my intake manifold today while working my way down to the heads, and I discovered a small amount of water and oil mixed together in my lifter valley and across the surface of my intake gaskets, what is this trying to tell me? I dont think its a blown HG, the car hasnt been acting weird enough for that, so what else could this be, it has me worried

• Sponsors (?)

Unless the indication is a brown or green foam, it's just a little that comes out from the intake whan you take it off. If it looks like coolant, as it goes into the radiator, you're ok. I just dry it up with a towel. If you think some got down into the oil, just change the oil before you fire the car.

reddy351 said:
Unless the indication is a brown or green foam, it's just a little that comes out from the intake whan you take it off. If it looks like coolant, as it goes into the radiator, you're ok. I just dry it up with a towel. If you think some got down into the oil, just change the oil before you fire the car.

x2 - I've yet to take my lower off without getting some spillage. :shrug:

LOL

I don't even pull an engine drain plug to get the coolant out anymore...

I just take the thermostat housing off and push the shop vac hose flush with the lower to suck out all of the coolant...much cleaner and easier.