oil pressure guage install frustration Im ready for this thing to work!!

kingc

Nov 25, 2006
Spring/Houston, TX
I am installing the new auto meter sender on a 2000 GT and unlike the 01 - 04 there is no"plug" at the front of the oil pump to attach the new gauge sender.

So I have used a a "T" fitting but there is not enough room to fit the new sender and the stocker on the "T". I hit something on either side of the "T" and plainly there is not enough room. So i have been looking everywhere for a Y or "wye" npt 1/4 " fitting but I cannot find one anywhere. I have looked at HD, Lowes, Ace, Ferguson Plumbling, and Grainger.

If you have done this install on a 2000 GT please let me know how you did it or where you found a "Y" fitting.

Do i have to use the stock sender? If i only use the auto meter sender what is the normal psi i should hope to see on the gauge?

Thanks alot!

• Sponsors (?)

Mike i have to disagree from what Ive seen there is no aux plug or hole on the oil pump on a 2000SOHC. I have compared with a 2003 SOHC and the plugged hole is there on the bottom of the pump towards the front. But i can tell you that at least on my car there is no plugged hole. I wish there was, i do agree that would make it alot easier. If you can show me where I might be missing the plug please do!! Mike please post a pic of a 2000 SOHC oil pump and show me thanks man!!