Old member feels new...shifter question

erichmess_

Member 4 Life
Founding Member
Jun 25, 2001
Miami
Hello all! I used to own a beautiful, zinc yellow, 2001 GT, which lots of nice goodies on it. Sadly, she was destroyed several months ago in a car accident. I then purchased a performance white 2010 GT, and have been very happy with it.

I'm wanting to start modding again, and man has the field changed since 2004 when I was last on here routinely. I'm wanting to start out easy with a shifter. I notice a lot of people using the MGW shifter. *Puts on old man glasses* now in my day, MGW just made shiny things that just prettied up the car. No actual functional pieces. We all used Steeda Tri-Ax shifters. So how good are these new MGW shifters compared to Steeda? Primary application will be for daily driving and occasional autocrossing. I'm not much of a drag racer. Thanks guys! :D

• Sponsors (?)

The Steeda Tri-Ax is still the amazing shifter it has always been, made from solid billet aluminum, uses the traditional shift stops. The Tri-Ax shifter has a 20% throw reduction when the handle is in the upper position and a 30% throw reduction when in the lower. If you are looking for more of that classic look Steeda also sells the "classic looking" Billet Pro Street Shifter Handle and Knob combo. Just ask for Todd @ Steeda.