old school wheels

DokterD

Jul 15, 2006
MD
I've gotten perty fond of the steel rim and dog dish caps. Anyone know if there's anything like that for these cars. I'm not a fan of giant rims and rubber band tires. Of course if they cost more than the Racelines and wheels like that, it won't be worth it, but I'd like to know. I really like the old school sleeper look now, didn't like it back then.

• Sponsors (?)

giant wheels look like a$$

giant wheels look like a$$ on almost any car if they're too big and some don't know when to stop. Are Bogarts 15 inch?? yep-and vintage looking. 18-22 look like bad doodoo on old muscle cars. I'd like to see a 16-17 inch rim with dog dishes for 05-09 Stangs. People that don't like them would not be required to buy them, only those that do. To me 18 is the biggest of any type wheel I would put on mine. Different strokes..... I saw a Fox the other day with 16 in steel rims and center pc caps that looked like a real sleeper. I like the look. Other opinions allowed, just play nice. Your stang may be red or blue-whatever. I don't hate you because I have gray and you don't. I could see if I wanted to put mud flaps on my car. Then hate me.:nice:

You'll need to check clearance on the front brake caliper. I want to say with a GT, you may be able to get away with a 16" but that's about it. I could be wrong, i just remember reading that somewhere.

And if you want more rubber, look into a set of street-legal drag wheels. You can't beat that look, no matter what year the car is! :D