Opinions on my combo please

In my experience any time you exceed 1 full injector size past what is actually necessary you make the car run worse, not better.
Personally, i'm a fan of running the injector you need at the time, especially if tuning isn't involved.
There is pretty much zero chance this car needs 30's, so...

He stated it’s going to get tuned. I guess we have differing opinions on this subject. If the car runs like garbage with 30lb injectors, it’s not the injectors fault.

• Sponsors (?)

He stated it’s going to get tuned. I guess we have differing opinions on this subject. If the car runs like garbage with 30lb injectors, it’s not the injectors fault.
Yep. I run Deka 80s in my 302 H/C/I combo and according to forum legends my car should run absolutely terrible. It doesn’t though it runs like a stock car and gets about 20 MPG on average. Now I do have a tune by Decipha that has the proper injector slopes and MAF transfer functions.
The only real issue you might have with larger injectors is hot start flooding. I did have to tweak my startup injector pulse width at the higher ECTs to dial in hot starting, but that shouldn’t be a issue with 30s.
The nice thing is no matter what I do to my car within reason I will never have to buy injectors again.

Reactions: 1 user
This is my old civic. Just a JDM vtech swapped em2 5spd. Car was great but the coil overs beat me up too much.
Nothing wrong with a civic. I was just poking at you man. Si civics are fun little cars.

Screenshot_20220128-230730_Instagram.jpg

• Agree
No offense taken, it really has been a great car. As I get older and fatter, I’m considering replacing it with a Camry TRD.

But I appreciate everyone’s advice. I found a couple good deals on the 24lb injectors and a pro m MAF. I highly doubt I’ll do more engine work after this.

I probably wouldn’t have gotten the heads if I figured out something earlier. I never had a fox body before. Car ran fine but just seemed slow. Checked timing, it was at 10 degrees. I know it can be bumped up a little but still seemed slow. Brought it to an old friend who is into mustangs. He found that the balancer was mismarked and it was actually at 0 degrees timing. Put it to 14 degrees and the car woke up.

No offense taken, it really has been a great car. As I get older and fatter, I’m considering replacing it with a Camry TRD.

But I appreciate everyone’s advice. I found a couple good deals on the 24lb injectors and a pro m MAF. I highly doubt I’ll do more engine work after this.

I probably wouldn’t have gotten the heads if I figured out something earlier. I never had a fox body before. Car ran fine but just seemed slow. Checked timing, it was at 10 degrees. I know it can be bumped up a little but still seemed slow. Brought it to an old friend who is into mustangs. He found that the balancer was mismarked and it was actually at 0 degrees timing. Put it to 14 degrees and the car woke up.

So you say... :rlaugh:

I predict a year or less before you start your next mod.

It's great that you came for information. It's a mixed bag because car fever is [highly] contagious. :oops:

Just wait until you discover how simple it is to stuff a supercharger on one of these. :D

I vote for 42lb injectors and tune ( you know... just in case ) but I also carry the disease. :O_o:

You never know when that S-Trim might fall into your lap out of the blue. :shrug:

The heads and intake should give you a good 80 hp or more over stock. You’ll definitely be happy with the results when it’s all done.

In my experience any time you exceed 1 full injector size past what is actually necessary you make the car run worse, not better.
Personally, i'm a fan of running the injector you need at the time, especially if tuning isn't involved.
There is pretty much zero chance this car needs 30's, so...
I call BS on that.
If a car needs 120 lb/hr injectors to make max power, does the engine run like crap anytime it is not making max power? Nope. It runs just fine during the 99% of the time it is not making max power.