Exhaust Options For Catted Mid-pipes

• Sponsors (?)

when I looked a few months back, I didn't fund much at all. I went with the BBK one you linked above. I'm very happy with it. found it locally on CL brand new in box for $200 cheaper than anywhere else. I had local performance shop install it, they said they were amazed at how perfect the fit was. they said that ordered same one a month prior and it didn't fit very well. he said I got lucky with an older model possibly, or the one that fit bad may have had defects. just an fyi.

I've had many different engines and exhausts.
Your ears get used to all of them.

I personally don't think the x vs h sound is all that different and I've had both.
IMO, it's just something people like to debate on the internet. 2 days (if even) with the car and you won't know the difference.

If bassani still makes the pipe that comes with the cats and the pipes that replace the cats to run it offroad, that's the pipe to buy.

Something else to consider is that bbk in pictures looks to be a one piece, which means no adjustment (been there done that, never again). Which means if your flowmaster catback is welded, good luck with it all fitting in your driveway.

They still do emissions where you live for obd1 cars?

No sniffer test. I don't have to actually pass emissions, but I still need to have cats on the car.

The big issue is cops really as I live in a metro area. No cats/loud exhaust and you are asking to get pulled over. And I'm just waaaaaay to old for that BS. Plus I can't stand the smell of cat-less.

Last edited:
I have the BBK catted on my coupe. If you like quiet at idle, it's for you. I am personally a BIG fan of quiet and no stink! I know the rest of my exhaust plays a role in the sound level but the BBK sounds good to me. I Have a 2 1/2 offroad that I welded hi flow cats into on my hatchback, and I did the same on my convertible. They both sound good as well. The hatch is louder due to the flowmasters where the convertible has Dynomax mufflers. The coupe has "mystery mufflers" that were on it I got it.

Coupe with the catted BBK, stock cam

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNVhzL7qfq4

Hatch with welded in cats and flowmasters (heads, cam, intake)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YqAcH1v8d8

Chris