Options For Lowering/raising My Car Manually, Or.....????

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
Yeah I have Eibach lowering springs and just a few yrs ago put on Tokiko HP shocks and struts. Also have CC plates, subframes, and had front end work done before putting shocks and struts and also new rear lower control arms with new stock rear uppers. I have a speaker box in the trunk with one 10 inch sub and an extra battery. Even before I changed the system but took everything out of the trunk, the car lifted some but the front was still higher than the rear. I definitely want to fix this issue and it will also probably help my needing fenders rolled more. I did roll the fenders some and it has helped and nowhere near as bad as it was with just me riding, but with my son in as well it definitely rubs more and is annoying as hell. So what options do I have to be able to manually lower the car as I choose since I probably won't be able to get that perfect ride height otherwise?

• Sponsors (?)

Front, Different springs = set height, or coil overs which you can set height, you can read about them too on MM's site,
if I understand you correctly then no need to change the springs and guess at how much lower it will be and if too much or not enough lol. So coil overs would allow for adjustments?

yes, basically the strut is covered by a metal tube, the tube is threaded on the outside and a big "nut" and second "locking nut" thread onto the lower part of the tube, the spring goes over the tube and rests on the the "nuts" a quick twist of the nut with the included spanner wrench allows you to adjust the ride height anytime, to change spring rate to a heavier or lighter spring is also easy..

GetImage.ashx?Path=%7e%2fAssets%2fstore_images%2ffront_susp%2fCOP-1.jpg
images
thats just to show setup obviously thats a rear setup but you only want Front coil overs on a Fox

Last edited:
yes, basically the strut is covered by a metal tube, the tube is threaded on the outside and a big "nut" and second "locking nut" thread onto the lower part of the tube, the spring goes over the tube and rests on the the "nuts" a quick twist of the nut with the included spanner wrench allows you to adjust the ride height anytime, to change spring rate to a heavier or lighter spring is also easy..

GetImage.ashx?Path=%7e%2fAssets%2fstore_images%2ffront_susp%2fCOP-1.jpg
images
thats just to show setup obviously thats a rear setup but you only want Front coil overs on a Fox
Cool.
Costs of that setup

UPR's kit will fit the blue tokico shocks. Rear coilover like on the car might be a bit of over kill.
not sure I comprehend the last part of your statement :)
sounds like you are saying the UPR kit (coilover) for front will work fine instead of the MM which cost more?
but as far as the complete coilover kit it's overkill?

Buy the kit from MM! I have it on my car with strange adj struts. I highly recommend it. Very high quality and less noisy from other kits(from what I've read). Contact them for your desired spring rate. Some people want drag performance/some stiff handling/some in between. If you don't have them get cc plates also. What springs do you have in the rear? What rear wheel/tire combo? I have 17x9 wheels w/275-40 Nitto's and when I was running eibach pro kit springs I only had very minor rub issues when someone was sitting in the back and hit significant dips. That was with non rolled wheel wells.

Reactions: 1 user
Maximum Motorsportssays it will fit Tokico, not sure about specific ones, call them. He was saying don't put coilovers on the rear which we've already covered Rear get the MM adjustable lower control arms I linked previously.

Folks at MM are Super helpful. I encourage you to call them, you'll get a deep understanding of what You need to know,

Buy the kit from MM! I have it on my car with strange adj struts. I highly recommend it. Very high quality and less noisy from other kits(from what I've read). Contact them for your desired spring rate. Some people want drag performance/some stiff handling/some in between. If you don't have them get cc plates also. What springs do you have in the rear? What rear wheel/tire combo? I have 17x9 wheels w/275-40 Nitto's and when I was running eibach pro kit springs I only had very minor rub issues when someone was sitting in the back and hit significant dips. That was with non rolled wheel wells.
What all did you get/kit? Complete coil over kit or what?
I have CC plates and Eibach I can't remember if they are pro or progressive. I know I asked the rep what the differences were or at least I believe I did when I bought back in about 03 04.
I have Saleen 18x9 on front and 18x10 on the rear with 295 35's in rear , up front 265 35. Nitto tires

Maximum Motorsportssays it will fit Tokico, not sure about specific ones, call them. He was saying don't put coilovers on the rear which we've already covered Rear get the MM adjustable lower control arms I linked previously.

Folks at MM are Super helpful. I encourage you to call them, you'll get a deep understanding of what You need to know,
gotcha. Yeah first thing I'm going to do is see if the guy at the salvage yard still have my v6 eibach springs that I traded him yrs ago. If he does they will still be only maybe a yr old, he was going to sell them as he has a mustang salvage yard. I loved the way my car sat in the front with those springs.

If not, I will do the rear first via the adjustable lower arms and fix my rubbing issue and see if I even need to mess with the front. I might like it overall with the rear picked up some

not sure I comprehend the last part of your statement :)
sounds like you are saying the UPR kit (coilover) for front will work fine instead of the MM which cost more?
but as far as the complete coilover kit it's overkill?
Sorry, yes. This is why I shouldn't type and talk on the phone at the same time.

Coilovers are over kill on the rear and the price and work needed wouldn't be worth the effort, just find the correct rear spring height.

The coilover kit from UPR for the front will work just fine.

Honestly, call both companies and tell them what you are looking for. MM and UPR have very knowledgeable staff that will assist you in all your questions. Can't go wrong with either company, just depends what you are looking to buy and find the price that works best for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, yes. This is why I shouldn't type and talk on the phone at the same time.

Coilovers are over kill on the rear and the price and work needed wouldn't be worth the effort, just find the correct rear spring height.

The coilover kit from UPR for the front will work just fine.
Yeah I will probably be better off just doing the rear lower adjustable arms though instead of getting springs and still not quite knowing how it will sit. That's the first thing I wana do and may not even touvh the front :)

Reactions: 1 user