Ordering Hellion Turbo kit tommorrow, advice on install price and water/meth kit

Hello, I bought my 2010 GT premium back in 09 before the 5.0 was official and now decided to turbo charge it to make up for the loss. Ive been calling shops and asking how much they would charge to bolt on this kit, which according to hellion is complete and ready to go.

I live in South Texas and had considered making a drive, obviously Brenspeed is 3,000 miles round trip so that is not happening. There is a shop here that is saying it would cost me $2,200 for the turbo install, meth setup/install, boost gauge and a/f wideband install, and dyno time. I told them it came with a can tune sct x3 tuner.. but they said they would still run it on the dyno and do a few tweeks.

Heres my thing. Brenspeed said they charge $1200 for the install of a hellion kit AND they do not recommend meth/water kits stating they can cause hydrolocking a motor. Ive googled that theory and it seems to be safe..but I would love to hear some input. I think the shop was charging $2200 WITH the meth kit in that price and installed, I may be wrong. I beleive they had quoated me around $1400 for the turbo install and $700 for the meth kit(installed im assuming). totaling the install to around $2000 to $2200.

So I need input on:
*Is a water/meth kit safe

*Is $2000-$2200 too much for a hellion install with meth inject and wiring up my gauges, dyno tuning as well?

*and is there any reputable shops in Texas that do mustang work, such as turbocharging for a fair price?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I pulled the trigger. I was hoping to get something within the day :/ I ordered the Hellion kit for the 2010, with upgraded ball bearing turbo, snow kit stage 2, 3.73 gears, and about to look for some gauges (boost and wideband a/f). Its pretty crazy how much im paying with install, but it should be pretty beast. I'll probably be more active on the forum then. Pics to come soon.

A supercharger would have been MUCH cheaper. Ive owned both, and had a lot more fun with my turbo cars. I love the sound of a turbo spooling up and I had a pretty loud bov before. i'll see how this one that comes with the kit sounds, it recirculates and does not vent...so it wont be near as loud. Turbos consistantly make more power also ;) I see a lot of supercharged cars swap to turbo setups (eg GT500 TT), never hear of a turbo car swapping to a supercharger. Both would make great power and be fun street cars anyway. :)

A supercharger would have been MUCH cheaper. Ive owned both, and had a lot more fun with my turbo cars. I love the sound of a turbo spooling up and I had a pretty loud bov before. i'll see how this one that comes with the kit sounds, it recirculates and does not vent...so it wont be near as loud. Turbos consistantly make more power also ;) I see a lot of supercharged cars swap to turbo setups (eg GT500 TT), never hear of a turbo car swapping to a supercharger. Both would make great power and be fun street cars anyway. :)

ive heard of a supercharged car adding twin turbo!!!! the terminator cobra becoming the hellraiser cobra superchargedTT.
All I know is I wont do either to my car. im trying for all engine but max 450...I just need the money. I have the time but not the money.

And have you seen or read anything about Fords ecoboost engines? small twin turbos no lag. sufficient amount of horsepower. I say they find a way to add it with the gt500 supersnake along with the supercharger...