Fox output shaft seal

yes I do have oil dripping at the inspection plate

it's my first mustang I wanted one my whole life and all my time working in autobdy shops and automotive shops I never learned how to work on older cars I try not to ask on here because I sound stupid not knowing what part is what I always try to ask a friend or the internet I'll post more pictures then ask questions,all my friends gave up on mustangs years ago so I only have a few ppl to ask
Nobody on here will judge you unless you take some pot shots at them or you want to be a smart a$$.....We have all been there and MOST people on here are happy to help if they can..
Slow down and take a breath........
Slow down when you type your problem and give the best comment of what and where the problem is you can... Pictures are always great and easy to load on this site..... Always go back and reread your post, making sure the punctuation is correct... Nothing is worse than trying to make sense of the hurried post with NO punctuation and sentences and different problems running into each other.... There is an edit feature here so you can redo it at any time.....

Finally I find it best if you have different posts for different problems or questions.......

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Nobody on here will judge you unless you take some pot shots at them or you want to be a smart a$$.....We have all been there and MOST people on here are happy to help if they can..
Slow down and take a breath........
Slow down when you type your problem and give the best comment of what and where the problem is you can... Pictures are always great and easy to load on this site..... Always go back and reread your post, making sure the punctuation is correct... Nothing is worse than trying to make sense of the hurried post with NO punctuation and sentences and different problems running into each other.... There is an edit feature here so you can redo it at any time.....

Finally I find it best if you have different posts for different problems or questions.......
Ya I always forget to use a coma or period. I fixed the settings,now with the car I see parts going skyhigh and the car sitting for so long I think it's out of my car knowledge to fix,I still can't get this seal in,I even put the old seal in a exhaust pipe to hit it in but I have no swing room

I don't judge people...except people trying to fix their own first mustangs. Those people are what keeps this forum going. :rock:

We've all been confused about what we were talking about or asking questions for. A bunch of things on cars have 3 or 4 different names...and 100 different nicknames. Then the car companies decided to switch right and left from looking at the car from the front to sitting in the driver's seat. Front is rear....and rear is front...its like a chick I met in the trailer park years ago. She wobbles so much ya never knew what direction she's going in.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You can fix just about everything on your car with the help of Stangnet.Com. Just get a good selection of tools.
I just have no room on the ground with Jack sta
I don't judge people...except people trying to fix their own first mustangs. Those people are what keeps this forum going. :rock:

We've all been confused about what we were talking about or asking questions for. A bunch of things on cars have 3 or 4 different names...and 100 different nicknames. Then the car companies decided to switch right and left from looking at the car from the front to sitting in the driver's seat. Front is rear....and rear is front...its like a chick I met in the trailer park years ago. She wobbles so much ya never knew what direction she's going in.
Ya the front and back get me confused. I have the Haynes book but it doesn't help like a video or someone there with you watching. I have to do axles and seals and no clue how to do that I'd love to keep it but it's going take time and money. Now with the seal what kind I use for lube just tranny fluid or gasket maker?

This is the seal I got
Now you've lost me. Post a pic of where your trying to install the seal.
Stick with us, once we get an idea of what/where your working we can help better.
That's the seal I have right now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-193442_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-193442_Chrome.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220824_131821.jpg
    20220824_131821.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 30
If you have wood...like two 2 by 4s you may be able to put them beside the shaft on each side screw one across the top and tap it. Kinda make a " H " pattern. Leave enough room to seat the seal without the bar or wood hitting the end of the shaft. You nay have to think outside the box.

20220824_234004.jpg

Those seals cam be one of the most frustrating things to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user