Overheating, Leaking lots of coolant, smoking

• Sponsors (?)

Look Its Aaron said:
jesus i said blown head gasket like 40 days ago.

But I wasn't paying attention... I read the original post and then replied.

If the car is acting up, shut it down! Then use (if you have) your electric fan to cool the car down...

I hope its not a blown head gasket cause it is causing my car to overheat within minutes and smoke white out of the engine bay and also drive very ****tty like vibrates and sputters when i drive it.. never drove like this before. blown head gasket to get installed will be about $1,000. im broke as hell

Check the oil on your dipstick -- if it's milky brown - milkshake-like in appearance, you've got coolant in your oil. If you've been driving it that way, it's pretty easy to wipe your bearings too -- that $1000 repair bill will only get bigger - MUCH bigger. Are you still driving the car?

How many people have said that your headgasket it blown on this thread? I think it's safe to say that yes, we really do think it is the headgasket.

Have the car towed to whatever shop you're taking it too. I can't believe you even attempted to drive it in the condition it's in. Basically, a blown headgasket results in coolant not cooling one cylinder bank and coolant entering the oil system. The extreme overheating this results in can lead to warping of the cylinder head, and the presence of coolant in the engine oil can lead to spun bearings.

Good luck.

No - you can blow a gasket and not have coolant in the oil. Depends on where the gasket lets go.

Have you pulled the plugs to see if there's a particular cylinder that's causing problems? With a head gasket, that cylinder's plug usually looks different from the rest. Have you run cranking compression tests?

Michael Yount said:
In addition to having a mechanic look at your car, I think you need a Press Secretary to tell us what you MEANT to say. :) Good luck with it.
You know sometimes people gave good intentions but they wishfully try to escape reality at every other thought. Questions we are asking are either: it is or it isn't - this isn't hard.

Does the oil look like anything but a straight dark brown to blackish color and a consistent consistency. If all else fails, just drain the oil and look at it in its entirety.

Someone did at one time install the plastic t. to flush the system.. my oil is regular there is nothing different about it.

""Have you pulled the plugs to see if there's a particular cylinder that's causing problems? With a head gasket, that cylinder's plug usually looks different from the rest. Have you run cranking compression tests?""

What you mean the spark plugs?

umm yes they mean spark plugs pull them all. make sure you note where all the wires go so(spark plug wires)you can put them back in the same spot. one or two of the plugs should look different, they will be wet(this will indicate where the problem is). get a compression test guage from the auto parts store. what that does is essently leak test the head gasket,piston rings, valves,piston and head. the compression tester is a pressure guage with a hose attached to it, the end of the hose threads into the spark plug hole.(you do one at a time) after you install the tester in the #1 spark plug hole then you turm the the key (on the steering colum) like you are going to start the car. the engine starter will turn the engine and your compression tester will give you a reading. now you write the reading down. when they are all written down look at them if one is 20psi lower than the rest that will indicate a blown head gasket. If the compression test is good but you have a wet plug (only #1,#4,#5,and#8) the problem could be a blown intake manifold gasket. good luck