• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Overheating problem!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kurv
  • Start date Start date Nov 2, 2006
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
K

kurv

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
185
0
0
Orlando, Florida
Nov 4, 2006
#21
  • Nov 4, 2006
  • #21
so after playing with it a bit more. I decided to just beat up the ccrm a little with a cresant wrench. As the temperature gauge got almost to the L in normal. The low fan came on for about 5 sec.. and turned on again a few minutes later, like it was working. So I should also consider the possibiltiy of my stock gauge not being accurate at all. Anyway to test the gauge or should I just buy a new?
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Nov 4, 2006
#22
  • Nov 4, 2006
  • #22
kurv said:
so after playing with it a bit more. I decided to just beat up the ccrm a little with a cresant wrench. As the temperature gauge got almost to the L in normal. The low fan came on for about 5 sec.. and turned on again a few minutes later, like it was working. So I should also consider the possibiltiy of my stock gauge not being accurate at all. Anyway to test the gauge or should I just buy a new?
Click to expand...
That's not normal.

As suggested before, you should get an aftermarket gauge (mechanical is less prone to error) to at least help you fix this issue. Later, you can remove the gauge if you don't like it.

You would appear to have an issue with the EDF circuit. I won't even get into it unless you have a DMM and want to trace circuits. I've gone through my EDF and HEDF circuits and it was kind of a PITA.

Good luck.
 
K

kurv

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
185
0
0
Orlando, Florida
Nov 5, 2006
#23
  • Nov 5, 2006
  • #23
Is it possible to rebuild the CCRM? Or can I buy a new unit? How much?
 

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
1,269
19
99
Louisiana
Nov 5, 2006
#24
  • Nov 5, 2006
  • #24
kurv said:
Is it possible to rebuild the CCRM? Or can I buy a new unit? How much?
Click to expand...
I am having my friend rebuild mine at school. It has a bunch of resisitrs and diodes and other electronic crap the average guy wont be able to change. When hes done with mine I might be able to hook you up. I got a used one on eBay for like $25 and they are like $150 brand new.
 
K

kurv

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
185
0
0
Orlando, Florida
Nov 6, 2006
#25
  • Nov 6, 2006
  • #25
So after being fed up for a while I decided to install a manual fan switch.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/499.shtml

After connecting everything correctly, it doesn't work. Does this tell me the CCRM is not functioning properly?
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Nov 6, 2006
#26
  • Nov 6, 2006
  • #26
kurv said:
So after being fed up for a while I decided to install a manual fan switch.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/499.shtml

After connecting everything correctly, it doesn't work. Does this tell me the CCRM is not functioning properly?
Click to expand...
Assuming all connections are sound, as you noted, it suggests the HEDF relay, common, N.O. or positive coil relay inputs, or the fan and it's wiring are the issue.

Personally, I'd bench test the fan if you dont know that it works properly. Then start checking I/O's at the CCRM to try and find the issue. I can dig up the pin-out if you desire testing the I/O's at the CCRM.

Good luck.
 

Houston5.0Jay

New Member
Jun 19, 2006
18
0
0
Sugar Land Tx.
Nov 6, 2006
#27
  • Nov 6, 2006
  • #27
Ok.. after reading this I foudn me and him are having somewhat the same issues..
my car was having horrendous performace.. i found that i had a bad mass air meter so we replaced that and boom horsepower... now though im popping 564 - Electro-Drive Fan circuit failure and the car is getting hot fast and is pinging alot as the guage passes the halfway mark..

whats going on with my car? what does this code mean?
 
F

fordtech28

Member
May 12, 2006
312
0
17
Riverside Cali.
Nov 6, 2006
#28
  • Nov 6, 2006
  • #28
Houston5.0Jay said:
Ok.. after reading this I foudn me and him are having somewhat the same issues..
my car was having horrendous performace.. i found that i had a bad mass air meter so we replaced that and boom horsepower... now though im popping 564 - Electro-Drive Fan circuit failure and the car is getting hot fast and is pinging alot as the guage passes the halfway mark..

whats going on with my car? what does this code mean?
Click to expand...

it means your fan is not turning on probably or the low speed on the ccrm is short
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Nov 6, 2006
#29
  • Nov 6, 2006
  • #29
Houston5.0Jay said:
Ok.. after reading this I foudn me and him are having somewhat the same issues..
my car was having horrendous performace.. i found that i had a bad mass air meter so we replaced that and boom horsepower... now though im popping 564 - Electro-Drive Fan circuit failure and the car is getting hot fast and is pinging alot as the guage passes the halfway mark..

whats going on with my car? what does this code mean?
Click to expand...
See elsewhere on the thread for testing the low speed fan input at the CCRM. FWIW, the default is for the fan to be on low speed. And get it fixed before driving anymore (at least get a manual switch installed).

Good luck.
 

sade04

Member
Sep 13, 2004
97
0
6
Lansdale, PA
Nov 6, 2006
#30
  • Nov 6, 2006
  • #30
woot!! thanks man, i was just starting to have over heating problems towards the beginning of fall which kinda stumped me cause i was fine all summer. I'm glad a new sensor was all i needed, and it wasnt anything major! i had replaced that sensor in the spring with a napa unit but i guess it crapped out pretty quick. thanks again man:SNSign:






1TallMF said:
I had a problem like this a few months ago, my car would overheat all the time in traffic unless I either had the A/C or heater on. But it would cool right back down once I got moving fast enough. Set your a/c to "off" and just let it idle in the driveway and look at the fan to see if it turns on when the temps reach close to halfway on the gauge. Mine never did turn on, and I traced it back to the temp sensor, it had an open circuit (no resistance at all). Got a new sensor for $25 and now the fan works fine, no overheating.
Good luck.
Click to expand...
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine 1986 GT Overheating issues
  • 86 5O GT
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
18
Views
816
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 29, 2026
86 5O GT
O
2001 mustang gt overheating
  • orinsmiley11
  • Jul 17, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
397
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 17, 2025
Noobz347
M
Resolved 1988 Foxbody - Overheating Summer
  • MDrisc
  • Oct 26, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
16
Views
882
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 17, 2026
fasterthangas
F
D
Resolved Upper radiator hose cold??
  • dqureshi06
  • Oct 31, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
14
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 11, 2024
limp
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
578
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?