parking brake cables for 8.8 disk rear

86T-Top

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Dublin, PA
Does anyone know where I can get custom parking brake cables made or get the fittings that are pressed on to the ends of a parking brake cable?

I put a 95 mustang 8.8 rear in my 68 and I would like to hook up the parking brake. I checked out Lokar's T-bird kit but that isn't really the direction I would like to go. I have the cables for the 95 rear, however they are too long so I would like to shorten them up to work with the factory brackets.

Not sure what everyone else did when they swapped in rear disks but I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks,

Mario

• Sponsors (?)

it might not be 100% apples to apples, but i used a lokar kit in my jeep to hook up to explorer 8.8 brakes. you can cut the cables to length and they come with enough hardware you could probably get it to work. you might have to weld (or bolt) in a little bracket that comes with them, but it should be pretty easy.

Lokar EC-80FU - Lokar Floor Mount Emergency Brake Cables - Overview - SummitRacing.com

you also might have to adapt the cable from the e-brake handle to the clevis looking part in the picture.