Passing on hood savings in Ohio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, recently I found a guy who lives in Blue Ash Ohio that makes fiberglass bolt on cowl hoods. He just started advertising on Craigslist, seems like a very nice guy. I just bought a 4" cowl bolt on for my 86 GT to replace the 6" pin on that was on it when I bought it.

Price was 185 dollars, pretty cheap for the quality of hood the guy is selling. It has a reinforcement rib across the back, and down each side....looks VERY well made.

185 bucks, I have never seen them that cheap, especially if you order online, the shipping is over 100. He is kind of limited on 83 to 86 hoods, only offers a 3 inch or 4 inch cowl. But for 87 to 93, guy has some sweet looking hoods...Cobra R's with louvers or without, Mach 1 ram air, Cobra SVO with the scoop on the cowl. all 180 or 185. All well built as I said.

If you live anywhere near to Blue Ash / Montgomery... I highly recommend this guy's hoods. Gelcoated, thickness is right, and looks even...unlike my pin on that I can see heavy light through in spots even with paint on it.

Anyway, just thought I would pass on the great deal.

Here are some of his listings on Craigslist.

83-86 FORD MUSTANG 4 INCH COWL BOLT ON HOOD
87-93 MUSTANG COBRA R WITH LOUVERS HOOD
87-93 MUSTANG COBRA R HOOD BOLT ON
87-93 FORD MUSTANG 4 INCH COWL HOOD, BOLT ON
87-98 MUSTANG COBRA R SVO HOOD
87-93 MUSTANG MACH 1 RAM AIR HOOD
94-98 FORD MUSTANG COBRA R HOOD

• Sponsors (?)

hey did you bolt this on yet?? Any trimming involved?? Painted it yet, much prep needed?? I'll bet from his location that this in "cincinnatti composites" hoods, they had a lot of bad write ups .....about quality and prep time needed...LMK how yours is

hey did you bolt this on yet?? Any trimming involved?? Painted it yet, much prep needed?? I'll bet from his location that this in "cincinnatti composites" hoods, they had a lot of bad write ups .....about quality and prep time needed...LMK how yours is

I had to go to the junk yard and buy two hinges since whoever put the pin on hood on the car removed the hinges. I bolted the two hinges on, bolted the hinges to the hood...had to slide the hood forward a little on the hinges and it was lined up nice. This hood is VERY well made, it has an outer skin and an inner skin so its just a little bit heavier than the thin pin on hood that I took off.

But everything lined right up, the hood latch and safety latch lined right up, in fact, I dropped the hood down to check the lines..and it latched.. then when I went to pull the hood release...found that the hood release cable is rotted and broken somewhere. I had to go in through the grill and unbolt the latch to get the hood back open...lol. Instead of going back to the junk yard for a latch..I decided I was just going to pin the front and for go the latch. I planned on pinning the hood as well anyway for safety reasons.

The hood its self is gel coated and is smooth as silk, probably too smooth to paint it would probably need scuffed up a little, just a wet sand. It has a little bigger gap on the passenger side than the driver's side, but that is due to my fender , and not the hood. My passenger side door hinges are sprung slightly and it makes the front of the door stick out a little...and instead of replacing the hinges...somebody adjusted the fender out to meet the door which increased the gap...the pin on hood looked the same way..

But all in all it was a very easy install...and the fit looks pretty dead on.

DSCF0240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.