Paxton Novi Pulley Issues....94 GT

Novi94GT

Feb 18, 2009
Hey guys im new to the forum 17yrs old....heres what my issue is...

Thanks in advance for any helpful info..

I bought a 94 GT....then threw on a Paxton Novi 2000 setup and i recently changed out my alternator and ever since i did this my belt wants to come off immediately when i start the car.....

When im under the car the alternator pulley seems to be "cocked" outwards on the bottom side which looks to me like its walking the serpentine belt off of my larger idler that came with the Paxton kit.....

Ive been working on this issue for about a week now with the traditional "trial and error" method....so far no 100% satisfaction.

At the same time the alternator pulley is cocked ....that idler pulley above it MOVES....Is this also a problem to it? Its mounted by two bolts and i cant seem to see how i can make it a tighter hold.....I personally down like the Novi 2000 Setup(Passenger side) on the GT's

I just want to drive the Beast!!! any help greatly appreciated

ANYONE want to buy a Novi setup?

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 115
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Sponsors (?)

ok im definently with you on that.....and if i put a straight edge on the alt pulley...should it line up perfect with edge of tensioner pulley...because when i do that it goes gradually inward towards the tensioner pulley, as in its lined up with the middle of tensioner pulley....BUT what about that pulley io told you that would move when i put the belt on and tug on it....it bows out a weee bit ....If its just an idler can i bypass it and reroute the belt?

THis is a bit off topic but i have a quick other question...is throwing on a pair of gt40 heads onto my stock heads going to make a real difference? ive heard a lot of nos and alot of yes's...just curious as to what you think.

thanks alot man