PAXTON SN-89 Model - Upgradeable?

SiK91LX

Apr 23, 2003
SF, CA
Sup guys, just picked up a Paxton SN89 Model for $1500 - working fine - Im gonna install it on my stock 5.0 motor with 130K miles with upgraded fuel injectors , 190 pump and 70MM Maf -

My question is, since its giving out 7psi only, can i upgrade parts on this? I also heard i can get bigger pulley and stuff to produce more psi's... Im new to chargers..

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Bigger crank pulley would also overdrive all the rest of the accessories too - need to think about what that does to the rest of the stuff. Smaller pulley on the blower spins just the blower faster - but I'd pay attention to hllon4's counsel above.

So, is this a good charger to begin with? The guy i got it from had it in his 100% STOCK Mustang with 130K miles on it and was running 13.2's with just 2 chamber flows..

Im running 13.6's as of now and this charger is pushing 8psi factory --

You guys think it can get me in the 12s? Im not a big fan of upping the boost, im gonna leave it the way it is and just do the regular tune ups on it every 2000 miles :banana:

I also jus picked up Edelbrock RPM Intake
Afr185s
F303 Cam
1.7 rockers
w/ the charger - If installed correctly, i should be in low 12s?

With a bigger crank pulley and it does not spin your accessories faster since it is on its own belt. If you go with the supercharger pulley go with a 3.75" and you can pick up some boost but don't over spin it or it will be a paper weight.