Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

• Sponsors (?)

I missed a lot of your work and want to congratulate you on a nice looking car.
The driver seat foam in my hatch was so shot they had put layers of shag carpet and cardboard under it. The new foam buns are comfy, but taller. I’m going use another seat track and make the legs shorter for headroom with a sunroof. If you feel cramped after the new roof and seats, it should be easy to measure and cut the legs after all you did. Most welding shops will not charge much if you have things marked, lined up and clean.
I am keeping a stock height bracket set in case my shortest kid gets the car someday.

Reactions: 1 user
This floor mat has about three hundred miles on it. Not all that happy about the quality. Empty Florida beaches today in Sarasota South end of Siesta Key

Attachments

• KIMG0186.JPG
    KIMG0186.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 189
  • KIMG0182.JPG
    KIMG0182.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 173
  • KIMG0185.JPG
    KIMG0185.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 189
  • KIMG0184.JPG
    KIMG0184.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 157
After reading about a certain feeling I have with my car . I think I need different spark plugs. The first thing I did to my car years ago was replace my plugs with I think Delco platinum . I want to go to copper , regular plugs. The old choice is the very recommended Motorcraft AGSF-32C .I Googled them and they barely make them anymore . Can one of you guys who know go on Autozone / Advanced , or what do you think?? Regular copper core Sorry to be stupid on this Need the # Motorcraft ASF32P ??? good?........Autolite #25..............AC Delco CR43TS

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking , but wanted to be sure. Just checked what I have and its NGK V Power. I have the feeling its affecting acceleration. Doing them tomorrow AM for $16.00 on sale. I think copper might be the right way to go. Gap at .054

Just did the plugs , and that is a high stress job. Everything has to be perfect with the threads . I could not deal with the helicoil bs. The Autolite 25 plugs all needed to be gapped they were at 35. Any ideas on my plugs , very dry and light brown like rust. I started it up and it was a off for a minute or two. Going for a ride later. Yes I did anti sieze and I dont smoke the devils lettuce , but my daughter does . I like to garden. When they become bushes I might put a picture on.

Attachments

• KIMG0213.JPG
    KIMG0213.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 174
  • KIMG0212.JPG
    KIMG0212.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 179
Just got the new header weather strip for my convertible. This piece from LMR is so nice , and fits perfect. Really perfect now my top is super snug ,and sealed. I also got a hood rod holder. Also got bushings for my door striker. Need to research those on the how to.

Attachments

• KIMG0244.JPG
    KIMG0244.JPG
    491.8 KB · Views: 153
  • KIMG0245.JPG
    KIMG0245.JPG
    460.7 KB · Views: 134
  • KIMG0248.JPG
    KIMG0248.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: 1 user