PI Intake on NON-PI heads (what parts r needed?)

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
I realize this post is as redundant as every "What oil/tires/CAI/mufflers for my car" thread, but I don't have time to search.

I'm literally weeks away from replacing the motor in my 96 GT and the new motor will have PI heads. The intake on the 96 motor just cracked and I'm going to go ahead and throw a PI intake on it so it'll carry over to the new motor. I need to know what parts I'll need to fit the PI intake onto the Non-PI motor so I can get this done. This is not a good time for this to happen for me right now. Please help - I'm stressing.

• Sponsors (?)

I realize this post is as redundant as every "What oil/tires/CAI/mufflers for my car" thread, but I don't have time to search.

I'm literally weeks away from replacing the motor in my 96 GT and the new motor will have PI heads. The intake on the 96 motor just cracked and I'm going to go ahead and throw a PI intake on it so it'll carry over to the new motor. I need to know what parts I'll need to fit the PI intake onto the Non-PI motor so I can get this done. This is not a good time for this to happen for me right now. Please help - I'm stressing.

The absolute minimum of parts required:

- PI Intake with aluminum crossover drilled and tapped for the extra sensor
- Coolant tube that runs in the valley for a PI car
- 0-Ring water nipple for the water pump
- RTV and some 3/4" heater hose

Possible parts required:

PI Intake Gaskets
Alternator Bracket

The absolute minimum of parts required:

- PI Intake with aluminum crossover drilled and tapped for the extra sensor
- Coolant tube that runs in the valley for a PI car
- 0-Ring water nipple for the water pump
- RTV and some 3/4" heater hose

Possible parts required:

PI Intake Gaskets
Alternator Bracket

That's mostly what I had suspected. Thanks, TGJ. My forged teksid, PI longblock is almost ready for install with MPH's blower cams. After it's in the car, I'll place my order for the Kenne Bell. This has taken much more time than I had anticipated, but I'm almost there!